Premium

Country

United States

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

When I play an album, or play a song directly from search results, autoplay no longer works. This started happening to me about 6 hours ago out of nowhere (was working fine earlier in the day), and it only happens when listening through my phone. When I search songs on the desktop app (PC), autoplay works fine as long as I listen through my computer, but queuing a song on desktop and playing it through the phone it won't autoplay. I've already tried closing and refreshing the app, toggling the autoplay setting on and off, clearing the app data, and uninstalling and reinstalling the app, none of these worked. Also, this happens on WiFi and mobile data both.

Hey there folks,

Many thanks for the recent comments confirming that things seem to be up and running again. We're happy to say that this should be fixed for everyone now!

In case you are still experiencing this, we'd recommend making sure your app is up-to-date.

If you have any further questions, please let us know in the relevant help boards here.

Thanks again!

Comments
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Visitor

Same issue with my phone. My phone is a Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, and Spotify version is 8.5. Autoplay was working fine yesterday and even today morning, suddenly around 2 3 hours back it stopped working after I played a new song from Search. 

Screenshot_2020-06-26-21-48-02-573_com.spotify.music.jpg

Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8 Edge

Operating System

Android 

My Question or Issue

My autoplay on spotify mobile doesnt work anymore. It works fine on my laptop but not on my phone. Ive tried redownloading the app and turning autoplay on and off again but it doesn't work. I'm using the most recent version of spotify and it worked fine a few days ago.

Visitor

Buenas tardes, desde hace 2 días que estoy con el mismo problema, la reproducción automática no funciona aún cuando está encendida desde la configuración, además me vuelve al inicio de la cancion que estoy escuchando cada vez que quiero avanzar a otra canción 

Casual Listener

Same issue here.

Device: moto g power

Android version: Android 10

Security patch level: May 1, 2020

Google Play system update: 2020-05-01

Baseband  version: M6125_10.11.03.15R SOFIA_NA_CUST

Kernel version: 4.14.117-perf+

Spotify: 8.5.64.1046

I have an iphone as well that is not experiencing the issue.

Visitor

Yo no había tenido problemas con spotify pero quise actualizarlo a la versión 8.5 y ahora no me funciona el AUTOPLAY, he hecho de todo, borrar cache, reinstalar, dar permisos a la app, y tengo android 9.0. Mi teléfono es Samsung. Quisiera saber una solución, esta aplicación no me gusta sin Autoplay

I have the same issue. It was working 2 days ago and then it just stopped. Autoplay works on my computer but not on my phone. I have uninstalled it, cleared data and cache and none of it works

Device: Samsung Note 10 plus

Android version: Andriod 10

Plan: Premium

Spotify version: 8.5.64.1046

Hi, mein autoplay hat auch einfach aufgehört zu funktionieren. Bis vor Kurzem ging es noch. 

Ich habe ein Samsung Galaxy S6. Deinstallieren und Reinstallieren, Cache löschen hat alles nichts gebracht.

Visitor

Hice de todo y no pude hacer que funcionara el AUTOPLAY, finalmente desinstalé la última versión de Spotify e instalé una versión anterior (8.4.90.722) y ahora sí funciona el autoplay 😞

Gente de Spotify, arreglen sus actualizaciones 

Casual Listener

I experience the same issue on my smartphone (Huawei p10 / android 9). The currently installed spotify version is 8.5.64.1046.