[Android][Bluetooth] Metadata is not transmitted

Thread: -

Description:

When using Spotify on an Android device to play over bluetooth, some third-party devices don't receive metada (track, artist, album info, etc. is not displayed on third-party device)

Additional information:

We're collecting information about which specific devices are not receiving metadata. If your device is affected, please reply and provide as much information as possible.

Some useful information (but feel free to add more, if you feel it might be relevant)

• brand
  • model
  • Android version
  • Spotify (for Android) version

If you have this problem, remember to click the "Me too" button.

--

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

Comments
terryfwit
Casual Listener

Hi Spotify!

Im using a HTC One and a pebble watch all up to date. I have actually found a hacked version of spotify that works for the BT metadata but it is buggy.

Do you have any idea when this will be fixed? It doesnt seem like too much of a big issue to resolve if some bedroom programmers managed to fix it so I don't understand why it is taking so long for you??

A response would be greatly appreciated.

meyekulbayrd
Casual Listener
My friend's HTC One that's running kitkat works perfectly with my 2014. All meta data is displayed. Just FYI.
meyekulbayrd
Casual Listener
Is there any update on this? I'm now running the same version as my friend with an HTC One that's on kitkat. His phone displays the meta data but mine still does not.
Amplifi3d3
Casual Listener
  • brand - Samsung Galaxy S3
  • model - Mazda CX5 2013
  • Android version - 4,3
  • Spotify (for Android) version - Don't know, the latest?

My girlfriends iPhone 5S works with metadata, but my Galaxy S3 only shows the build in media apps metadata, not Spotifys.

crumpets

Some useful information (but feel free to add more, if you feel it might be relevant)

• brand
  • model
  • Android version
  • Spotify (for Android) version

LG

G2

In a Volvo V40 modelyear 2013 I encountered an issue where the phone would only show the track name of the standard ring tune, nothing else. When clicking this, however, spotify is what I hear. No info about song name or anything else. Can still change songs though.

pgorley
Casual Listener

Samsung Galaxy Note 3

SM-N900V

Android 4.3

dormiens

Mazda 3 (Attraction, 2014)

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.3

Still not working 😞

Poe
Casual Listener

Mercedes E350 PII with Harman Kardon audio

Samsung Galaxy S3
Android 4.3 (AT&T just pushed the update to me)

Built in player works fine.

Spotify streams fine, but no Artist/Title/Track detail is updated. Forward/Back/Play/Stop all work flawlessly

Interestingly, I get the same issue with Pandora and LastFM too.

Worked perfectly before the AT&T update.

terryfwit
Casual Listener

I have just had the OTA update from HTC to upgrade my phone to Android KitKat 4.4 and it has made no difference whatsoever. 

Interestingly Google Play Music works perfectly well. This seems to be a Spotify problem. 

Do you have any intention of fixing this?

Poe
Casual Listener

It is confusing for sure.

Google Play seems to work.

Built-in player seems to work.

Pandora doesn't work.

LastFM doesn't work.

Rdio doesn't work.

Spotify doesn't work.

Amazon MP3 doesn't work.

Something clearly changed in the update that all of these products were using to send the metadata . Obviously that something has to be fixed. The fact that 4.4 doesn't appear to have done it, and Google Play is working, would suggest that Google expects the developers to do it the 'right way' and they'll have to patch the individual apps. Of course I'm sure the developers were all hoping that Google would just fix it (put the old method back) in 4.4, and they wouldn't have to update.  Maybe now that 4.4 has come out, the impetus will shift back to the develpers. I can't see me continuing to use my phone to stream audio in my car if I can't see who the heck it is that is being streamed.