Premium

Country

Malaysia

Device

Huawei Mate 20x

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Lyrics auto close. Happens just recently. 

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your updates and for your patience while we looked into this issue. We can confirm that this should now be fixed for everyone!

Make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Comments
rohit49
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

India

Device

Oppo K3

Operating System

Android 10

Running latest Spotify beta

My Question or Issue

Ever since the latest update, when I tap on the lyrics they don't go full screen. Instead it briefly expands and then fades away. 

Alex

Hi there @rohit49,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Could you try performing a clean reinstall of the app. This involves, deleting the app cache, which can cause issues when corrupted. You can find the device relevant steps here.

If that doesn't solve the issue, can you upload a short screen recording video or some screenshots so that we can see exactly what's going on.

We'll be waiting for your reply. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have other questions 🙂

rohit49
Visitor

Here's what happens. Kindly let me know how to fix this.

Mihail

Hey @rohit49,

Thanks for getting back to us with the video.

Have you tried the clean reinstall that @Alex suggested? This ensures that your app is on the most current version, plus has the added advantage that if there are any faulty installation files that might be causing this behavior, they get removed and built anew from the ground up. It's also a good idea to check for updates to your Android system. Keep in mind that as you are running the app in beta it's expected behavior that some features don't quite work as intended.

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

rohit49
Visitor

Yes I've tried a clean reinstall. Could it be a bug due to the beta?

Mihail

Hey @rohit49,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, as I mentioned in my previous post some features might not work as intended in beta. One workaround would be to install the latest official version.

Hope this info is useful. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

weishih03

I have the same problem too. (Android)

Device: Sony XZ

nene02

Same problem here (Android) 

Huawei P30 lite 

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to confirm the following info for us, if you haven’t already:

• your device + OS version
  • the exact Spotify version on your device?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

ahmadakhmal
Casual Listener
I am using Huawei Mate 20 X.

Spotify version 8.5.84.875.