Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[Android] Car head unit status-bar overlaps menu

Auto hide the navigation bar when on full screen so the "Home" option can be accessed. With the latest install the "Home" button can't be selected because the navigation bar overlaps the application "Home" button.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-09 at 19.17.38.jpeg

• device: sp9853i-1h10_vmm (Car head Unit)
  • OS version: 9.0 - 0_MR1 API Level 27
  • exact Spotify version: 8.5.85.894

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a  reinstall of the app on your device.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info if you already haven't:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Comments
Visitor

I have this problem too. Also the Status-bar now overlaps a little the spotifys search button.
I have Avinusa for BMW unit: https://avinusa.com/8-8-multimedia-navigation-system-for-bmw-3-series-e90-e91-e92-e93.html
Problem appeared after updating the app a while ago.

Me too. Put it back to the bottom, or at least give us the option, buttons are too close together and home button is under notification bar. Device  is Joying intel head unit running Android 8.1.

15981239828289032526535344473864.jpg

Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

First, we'd recommend trying a  reinstall of the app on your device.

If after that you’re still having trouble with this, could you provide us with the following info if you already haven't:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version

Once we have that, we will pass it on to the relevant team, who will look further into it.

Thanks!

Regular

Reinstalled the app and the same issue happens.

Here goes the details:

• device: sp9853i-1h10_vmm (Car head Unit)
  • OS version: 9.0 - 0_MR1 API Level 27
  • exact Spotify version: 8.5.85.894

Hey @farpudo,

Thanks for getting back to us and the info 🙂

@n1em1nen and @Colonel_001, We'd suggest you give these steps a go and run a clean reinstall. That way you can make sure the app is up-to-date and the cache is not causing any issues.

If the issue persists, could you provide us with the info @Elena mentioned? Then we can pass it on to the right team. The folks there can investigate this further.

Thanks!

Related Issues