Announcements

Having trouble seeing your Wrapped stories? To fix this, update the Spotify app to the latest version.

Find more info on our community FAQ.

[Android] Close Button Disappeared from Notif Panel

Close Button disappeared on notification panel. Now I can't close the app entirely.

When I try alternative closing option which is closing app from app drawer it's not working. Only disappering on app drawer music continuing to play.

Please fix this.
Screenshot_20161111-065159.jpg

Hey guys!

Thanks for sending that info over. 

This is due to the new design on Android now playing widget on lock screen. To close the app, you need to pause (if you are playing) and swipe the widget off the screen.

We really appreciate your feedback regarding this update. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to write us back.

All the best,

Comments
Melody
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hi there @Bulutbeyaz!

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Community for help.

Could you please fill out the full Ongoing Issue template below? This is just so that we can give the best possible advice!

Thread:

Description:

To reproduce:

Device:

Operating System:

Spotify App version:

Also, does a reinstall help?

Keep us posted 🙂

/M

MaryC1

Hey @Bulutbeyaz,

We haven't heard from your quite yet. Are you still experiencing the same issue?

If so, could you let us know the Spotify and Android version you're using? Also, have you checked the resintallation steps @Melody suggested? It'd be worth giving them a try.

Keep us posted,

Bulutbeyaz
yes i still had the issue. Android Version: 6.0.1 Spotify Version: 6.9.0.1212 armV7 Phone: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
wolfchildbaby

I am having the same issue with the app. I will submit a formal reports. I just wanted to comment here to inform you that others are dealing with it as well. 

MaryC1
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hey guys!

Thanks for sending that info over. 

This is due to the new design on Android now playing widget on lock screen. To close the app, you need to pause (if you are playing) and swipe the widget off the screen.

We really appreciate your feedback regarding this update. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to write us back.

All the best,

Bulutbeyaz

but if i pause music and then slide app in notification panel it's not disappear in recent app's panel. in old version "x" button stops the music and close the entire app.

Bulutbeyaz

it's not a feature it's a bug actually. Bug for me.