Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Equalizer missing in the app settings

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from users that the equalizer is missing in the settings of the app. 

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your updates and for your patience while we've been looking into this issue. We can now confirm that this should be fixed for everyone!

Make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're still having trouble, make sure to post in the relevant help board here.

Happy listening 🙂

Comments
oblivi

Thank you victor1100, this was driving me nuts (being stuck with the last EQ settings on my Pixel 4a). The MusicFX workaround was a godsend. Now using Wavelet EQ app.

Ver
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks!

chinkucenation

I have a Pixel 2. It doesn't have its own Equalizer. I used to access inbuilt Equalizer option in Spotify and it has disappeared all of a sudden. Please fix this asap. Thank you.

jumunius

Plan: Family

Device: Pixel 4a 5G

Operating System: Android 12

I believe I noticed this early after the transition to Android 12.

Ashwin_kumar

Spotify Premium Android

App version: 8.6.68.1225

I too observed this sudden disappearance of the Equalizer option from settings. the option simply opens Android's native equalizer (unless some other eq like Dolby is present) and was very crucial for me to adjust music and enjoy it to the best extent. 

Desmodus_rus

Poco Phone X3 NFC

Equalizer disappeared on Monday 04th Oct.

No new versions of Android or UI was installed before this happened. 

infektedm

Same problem here since the start of this week

Spotify Premium on Android 11 (Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro)

App version: 8.6.68.1225

I also haven't been able to access the equalizer on my Xiaomi Redmi 9 Pro for more than a week now. I really hope this problem will be solved soon 😞

ZMA_Neves

My OnePlus 6T lost the Equalizer coincidentally in the same day as I did the 11.1.11 update (to Android 11), please tell me the EQ wasn't removed and that you'll fiz it soon

ptkeeper

After update the equalizer settings are missing...

I use different settings for home system, phone speaker and headphones. Equalizer goes hand in hand with high quality stream.

Please don't let it be one of those features that are removed because few people use...