Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Equalizer missing in the app settings

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from users that the equalizer is missing in the settings of the app. 

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey folks,

Thanks for your updates and for your patience while we've been looking into this issue. We can now confirm that this should be fixed for everyone!

Make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're still having trouble, make sure to post in the relevant help board here.

Happy listening 🙂

Comments
jumunius

Hi, I just wanted to add that I am now 99.9% certain that Spotify is still applying my EQ settings on my Pixel / Android 12 phone, even though the EQ setting is no longer accessible to me. I took a series of recordings via my headphone jack, comparing the same Spotify build on an Android 11 Pixel vs. and Android 12 Pixel, and comparing Apple Music to Spotify. Based on my recordings of identical tracks at identical volumes, the Android 12 Spotify tracks are far far more bassy / less clear than any of the other recordings. (I work in audio so I am fairly precise in my methodology for reproducing this stuff.)

I guess this could be re-assuring to anyone worried that they've lost their settings, but my guess is that everyone that is here is here because they want to *change* their settings as I have done.

Hope this gets resolved soon, and thanks to Spotify for looking into this.

Cyril36

I have the same prob with my Pixel 4 a..

Desmodus_rus

Finally!

EQ came back yesterday with an app update.

Cyril36

i got no update avalaible

Theashkinsdiet

Yeah it's back woo woo! V.8.6.70.1102

tompabes

Fixed for me as well. Thanks for the quick resolution!

Ashwin_kumar

Can confirm too, fixed in latest update for me (yay!) VER:8.6.70.1102

Xenia
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your updates and for your patience while we've been looking into this issue. We can now confirm that this should be fixed for everyone!

Make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're still having trouble, make sure to post in the relevant help board here.

Happy listening 🙂

ZMA_Neves

If you're referring to the update of 12/10/2021 dd/MM, the problem is still unfixed in my OnePlus6T, what should I do?

tgray44

Similar to user ZMA_Neves, equalizer issue still isn't fixed with the new update on my end. Using a OnePlus 6