[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

Cheers!

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

It would be great if you can provide us with the following info:

• Country on your Account
  • Device and OS version
  • Exact Spotify app version

This would greatly help the team in their investigation.

Cheers!

Comments
kangoo909
Hi Ivan,

the problem in the Spotify Desktop app doesn't go away, with all the known solutions out there (this forum and dozens of other sites claiming to have the solution for this problem; yours included). I've applied my solution now for a good number of times and so far it makes the problem go away without failing. The problem is too intermittent and I should keep track of when it occurs, but as far as I remember, this usually happens after I did connect my phone to another device (Sonos in my case) on the same Wifi network my laptops on.
arfwdd
Visitor

Hi ivan,

I still having this problem in my devices after i perform clear reinstall. In my case my windows desktop, smartphone, and web player all having problem.

• Windows desktop & web player : black screen for couple of minutes then showing couldn't find that page
  • Smartphone : no internet connection available sign come up when i open the app using wifi.

This problem have bothered me in the last few days. Please help so i can enjoy my music back well again.

16224270116492312113160469814669.jpg
16224274426906108736366666698489.jpg
Ivan

Hey @arfwdd

Help’s here!

If this persists after a clean reinstall, could you confirm if it's happening only when connected to a certain Internet connection? If possible, we'd suggest connecting to a different network to check if you observe the same.  

If it works with another connection, it’d be a good idea troubleshooting further the original one (for example, by restarting your router). You can also reach out to the service provider of the original network so that they can take a look on their end as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted.  

Meldanorama
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

Ireland

Device

OnePlus Nord

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

Homescreen completely changed. Spent over an hour with web support. Tried using another account and that looks fine, free account looks fine. Tried the full clearing cache and data, then reinstall after waiting. How do I get off the view I have to the old one with suggestions, playlists, podcasts etc grouped together, I can only see three at a time now or two and two halves.

Screenshot_20210610-232005.jpg
MouseTheBig
Visitor

The new vertical scroll style update to the home tab is just awful. Please stop and revert it back to what it was previously, or give users the option to choose what style they prefer please.

Jak7874
Visitor

The latest update has totally ruined the home screen on mobile.

When scrolling through the list, each heading only lists a single item where it used to list multiple. 

E.g. the New Releases For You section used to show a list of new releases. Now it seemingly picks a random item from that list and only shows me that one. This was a huge feature for me and helps me keep track of new music from artists I listen to. 

This needs fixing. This is a huge part of the app for me, and presumably many others. If discovery doesn't get fixed I'll be forced to use a competitor.

ADopedUpWalris
Visitor

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

Pixel 4a5g

Operating System

Android 11 Build RQ2A.210505.003

My Question or Issue

Recently my home screen updated at random to a version with large, single suggestion tiles instead of categories with side scrolling options. Clean installs and reverting to older versions did not solve this.

Since my other free account does not have this issue I'm assuming its either a bug related to the account or an account based test feature. I'm leaning towards account based bug because this UI change makes the home screen so unusable that I just can't believe it passed into testing territory. But I've been wrong before.

194953405_516351579564206_1782837684726846134_n.png
Stéphanie
Visitor

I have the same problem since this morning! I found another thread from three weeks ago, they said it's probably a test that we unfortunately were chosen for.. I hope it won't last long cause it really sucks, don't know what **bleep** thought this was a good idea?! 

Stéphanie
Visitor

Hijacking your post..

I have the same problem since this morning, I've been scrolling through this forum for an hour and found multiple posts with the same complaint for the last two months.. Seems it IS a test! I can't believe they are still pushing this awful UI when there are so many complaints about it. There's nothing we can do but wait till the test is over, could be a month..

I'm really **bleep** off, that's not what I pay for!! 

Fasteddie666
Visitor

Same here.  Totally frustrating experience on both of my Android devices.