[Android] Home page of Spotify turned into vertical view on Android

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

Cheers!

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

It would be great if you can provide us with the following info:

• Country on your Account
  • Device and OS version
  • Exact Spotify app version

This would greatly help the team in their investigation.

Cheers!

Comments
Meldanorama
Visitor

Ah well, I've disconnect my card, going to change to another app. Thanks for the reply.

Padmisx
Visitor

Glad someone else noticed. It used to be like Netflix, where there's a bar to scroll through options in a category. All of that is gone now and it looks awful. 

Dac1984
Casual Listener

Absolutely hate this update. I thought there was a fault with the app. It's just an endless scroll of irrelevance. One item per heading 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 I can't even view recently played anymore. I've usually gotten used to the changes made and quite liked the previous home screen after a couple of weeks but THIS, this is a potential cause for me getting rid of Spotify.

Dac1984
Casual Listener

Screenshot_20210612-145618.png

Eni

Hi folks! 

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might see something on the app that other users don't, or get a brand-new feature for only a temporary period.

We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward, and we'll be sure to pass this on to the right folks here at Spotify.

Hope this helps clear things up. If you need help with anything else, just let us know. 

Cheers!

Alex
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

We've received reports that the Home Screen on the app where tabs like "Jump back in" "More Like", "Popular new release", "Recommended for you", etc which can be scrolled sideways (horizontal) are now displayed vertically on Android devices. This is being investigated.

It would be great if you can provide us with the following info:

• Country on your Account
  • Device and OS version
  • Exact Spotify app version

This would greatly help the team in their investigation.

Cheers!

venicehoax

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue

• device and OS version: Honor 9, Android 9 
  • Spotify app version 8.6.34.749

I'm also having trouble in making Spotify sessions and the discography of the artists isn't divided in singles/albums etc. but it's all mixed up

Vanyac95

Hi, 

I have been facing the same issue since a few days.

Plan: Premium

Device: Samsung galaxy M51

App version: 8.6.34.749

This is totally not done..kindly fix this update asap. Thanks.

ThumbRedGuy
Visitor

@kevoz 

Having same issue and it is f#&%!ng annoying as **bleep**

AeroZ
Composer

Why turn this into an ongoing issue if it's a test?