[Android] I play a song but no music can be heard

Good morning. I have a premium account. And today when I wanted to listen to a song I clicked on it, waited and no music came out but the song in the bar was still running. So I clicked on another song and the same thing happened. So I sped the song up and music could be heard. But when I tried speeding it up again you couldn't hear it. This is all in my phone, I'm not using bluetooth sprakers or anything. I really don't know what's wrong. It worked fine yesterday and I didn't change the settings between yesterday and today. Also I tried restarting my phone. And deleting the app and reinstalling it again but nothing! Please help I would like to fix this since it is quite troublesome.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Weeb-kun, thanks for reaching out to the Community about this!

I’ll be happy to help.  Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version.

Let me know how this goes!

Mitsuki
Visitor

Everytime i press the "next" button the song won't play but if i do it again it works like a sequence

Plan

Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy J2 Core

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

Billy-J
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey @Mitsuki, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

I’d love to help! Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a clean reinstall of the app following these steps.

If you're still having trouble, let me know what device this happens on, as well as the current software version. Also, attach a screen recording of what’s happening exactly, if you can.

Let me know how this goes!

Jacques_vr
Casual Listener

All of the above issues are relevant to me. I have a free account and Premium, this does not apply to my free account, only the Premium and started after the last software update.

Only when skipping tracks, not when it is on auto. I've followed ALL the suggestions, nothing helps. Please assist with this annoying issue.

Song shows that it is playing, but it's mute.

Looking forward to your fiendly assistance!

Jacques

Cape Town

Jacques_vr
Casual Listener

I just noted that when I scan into a playing song it will also go silent, but when I scan a second time it plays again. Only a manual control issue that needs fixing, nothing to do with auto. Someone needs to press the green button! Not the red one! 😁

Mitsuki
Visitor

@Billy-J  my problem is now worse my spotify app won't show the "my liked songs" block and consequently won't let me like other songs please help am on android 8.1.0

jha13

Plan

Premium Family

Country

Costa Rica

Device

Huawei Y5 Lite 2018 CAG-L22

Operating System

Android 8.1.0

Spotify Version
Last time it happened
August 30 2020 19.40 -6GMT

This problem started recently. With downloaded songs and when streaming. If I play another song the audio starts, but if I play yet another one, the next song plays with no audio. If I drag the song time indicator either back or forward, the audio plays. It happens randomly. Songs that played alright previously have no audio when I try to play them again or vice versa. Wi-Fi or mobile connection the same. 
I got tons of songs downloaded on my mobile, reinstalling is a last resort for me.
I got over 20GB's on my SD card, free storage space and a fast internet connection.
I stream and download on very high quality.
Tried clearing cache, restarting phone, wiped Android's cache partition. Android and firmware are updated af.

tomdude
Casual Listener

Does this happen with any other music streaming app or just Spotify?

jha13
Just with Spotify
jha13

Just with Spotify.