Announcements

[Android] I play a song but no music can be heard

Good morning. I have a premium account. And today when I wanted to listen to a song I clicked on it, waited and no music came out but the song in the bar was still running. So I clicked on another song and the same thing happened. So I sped the song up and music could be heard. But when I tried speeding it up again you couldn't hear it. This is all in my phone, I'm not using bluetooth sprakers or anything. I really don't know what's wrong. It worked fine yesterday and I didn't change the settings between yesterday and today. Also I tried restarting my phone. And deleting the app and reinstalling it again but nothing! Please help I would like to fix this since it is quite troublesome.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
HNishida01

I'm not sure if this is the same problem.  But after the last upgrade, when I scroll thru my "liked" songs and I click on a song, it won't play.  Not sure if it's because I have a ton of "liked" songs, but it never happened before.  What is going on?  I've done a clean reinstall and everything.

And when I click on the first song on the list of my "liked" songs, it works.  Only when I scroll thru to the middle.

Is this something that anyone else has a problem with?  And if so, will it be fixed?

Ver

Hey @HNishida01,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

Just to double check- you can't play a song or no music can be heard if you click on it? 

If you can't play a song from "Liked Songs", we'd suggest you head to the Help Boards and post your issue there. It sounds like this could be a different type of issue.

If there is no music playing after you've chosen a song, you can share with us the details mentioned in the Status Update. That way we can pass your feedback to the right team.

If you have more questions, we are here for you.

HNishida01
Hi!
When I choose a song, no music plays.
This happens when I go to the middle of my "liked" songs.
It just says spotify is trying to play.
Thanks, Heather
TedAlberta

Fixed on November 29. Thanks.

I have had this issue since the last Android update on November 23. Music shows it’s playing but no sound from phone or from bluetooth devices. Spotify works fine on my iPad. 

• Spotify version 8.5.85.894
  • Device (make + model) + OS version Samsung Galaxy 8A (2018) OS v9
  • Time & date the issue last happened (include timezone) Nov 27 9am Mountain
  • Are you using a SD Card? Yes
  • Does it happen with specific songs only or randomly? All songs and podcasts both streaming and downloaded
  • Does this happen in online or offline mode? Both
  • Is it happening on WiFi or mobile data or both? Both and on off line play too
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far All listed above
Sucramgamer

I have the same problem. Spotify starts and after choosing a song and click play nothing happens. Very annoying. Spotify: No play, no pay. Got it?

Mannie_

I have this issue since November 11. Since then I haven't been able to play any song or podcast. Whenever i select a song I can't hear anything. I only experience this problem on the app on my phone. 

• Spotify version: 8.5.86.854
  • Device (make + model) + OS version: Redmi Note 5;  MIUI Global 11.0.3
  • Time & date the issue last happened (include timezone): 01/12/2020; 15.30 (GMT+1)
  • Are you using a SD Card? Yes
  • Does it happen with specific songs only or randomly? All songs and podcasts both streaming and downloaded
  • Does this happen in online or offline mode? Both
  • Is it happening on WiFi or mobile data or both? Both and on off line play too
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far All listed above
louisepurcell

Hi there same issue with random songs not playing. Some fine some just do nothing when clicked.

• Exact Spotify version = 8.5.86.854
  • Device (make + model) + OS version Samsung Galaxy S8 SM-G950F
  • Time & date the issue last happened (include timezone) 10.30 GMT
  • Are you using a SD Card? NO
  • Does it happen with specific songs only or randomly? SPECIFIC SONGS eg i cant play this one https://open.spotify.com/track/0l4AReW2LuX0yStPfgQgSR?si=5TGq7duqRhCqneQ17iWtrQ but my husband using Spotify on an iPhone can. We have Spotify Premium 
  • Does this happen in online or offline mode? BOTH
  • Is it happening on WiFi or mobile data or both? BOTH
  • Troubleshooting steps you've tried so far Ive reinstalled Spotify and restarted phone and cleared Spotify cache.
louisepurcell

Ps Meant to say Im running Android Version 9

louisepurcell

As a further update logged into my ipad and same issue. Refuses to play song above!

Sucramgamer

I fixed it.

1. Delete Cache

2. De-Install Spotify

3. Install Spotify

4. Fixed

Spotify Support ? Poor !