Need help? Check out Spotify Answers for solutions to a wide range of topics.
The android application stops playing after several tracks.
None: Restart music manually.
None at present.
If you are having this issue, can you please post:
2014-01-22: This should hopefully be fixed in android v0.7.5. If you are still having issues can you please let us know?
When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.
Edited question 4.
Hi Peter. First attempt didn't capture my text.
1. Using Galaxy S4 (Verizon). Issue happens on WiFi and 4G.
2. Android 4.2.2
3. Spotify 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3
4. Spotify Free (shuffle only)
6. No local music files synced (neither internal storage of the phone, or the SD card)
I'm not sure yet, but reinstalling spotify may have helped. Will edit this when I know for sure.
-- edit --
I've tried completely re-installing the app, disabling gapless, disabling equalizer, clearing the cache.
It seems completely random, sometimes its after 2 or 10 songs, I stream it for hours every day. This is driving me insane.
I just started using Spotify on my phone yesterday. The stopping thing happened to me twice this morning on my way to work. When it happened, music stopped and my entire currently playing list was empty. I had to go find music again to start over.
1. LG Nexus 5
1. Verizon US HTC One 32GB (14.08 free)2. 4.3 with HTC Sense 5.03. 0.7.4.610.gd7332b34. Free
6. No local files synced.This is a major issue for me because I use Spotify to listen to music through my car stereo and I can't mess with my phone to get the music to start playing again while i'm trying to drive. I spent ~$150 for an aux input so I could listen to music from my phone in my car and am very dissapointed that this app stops playing after a random number of songs (sometimes after a long time, sometimes after 1 or 2) forcing me to switch to the radio in my car if I want to listen to anything at all.
1. Asus Transformer Pad TF700T.
2. Android 4.2.1.
3. Spotify version: 0.7.4.610.gd7332b3.
4. Free version.
Spotify will randomly stop playing and displays the "no internet connection" message at the bottom of the screen, even over wifi in my home where the signal is uninterrupted. Spotify will also randomly drop out audio while songs continue to play on the screen.