[Android] New music won't stay downloaded (2)

Thread: 115032

Description:

Tracks synced for offline playback get unsynced.

Additional information:

First of all, I am very sorry that this bug has reared its ugly head again. Clearly we didn't intend for this to happen.

Tracks might get re-synched as soon as you go online again.

When this bug previously occurred it seemed to only affect newer playlist additions

Please provide this information so we can investigate again:

• Spotify version
  • Mobile Phone model (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S4)
  • Android Operating system version (i.e. 4.2.2)
  • One or two example tracks that have unsynched (An actual link to the track(s) would be most helpful. I.e. http://open.spotify.com/track/034h8tVGEkurQkR96clibA)
  • Approximately when did you add the affected track(s)?

Related Issues

Comments
gregyang
Regular

I tried clear cache and delete everything, then switched on ultra quality.

Nope, still doesn't work. It's even worse now since the quality means it takes even longer to download music.

Really contemplating alternative apps now.

PeteyG_UK

After much comminication with the spotify team the following solution has worked for me:

1. (From within the App) delete cache and saved data
  2. (From withing the App) log out
  3. (Online via spotify account) remove the problem mobile device from your list of devices
  4. (From mobile device) uninstall the app
  5. (From mobile device) reinstall the app from: https://www.spotify.com/uk/download/other/ using Manual download, DO NOT INSTALL VIA PLAY STORE. This will require permission to install apps from unknown sources (android-settings-security-device administration-Unknown sources).
  6. (From mobile device) sign in and sync as required.

This worked for me, the app does not save to my SD card anymore but I have a reasonable amount of device memory so this isn't too much of a problem.

The app has been stable for a couple of months, entering and exiting offline mode. Due to memory limitaitions I can't sync anything close to maximum permitted number of tracks but I can sync more than enough for general needs.

It's not immediately obvious how to contact a person at spotify directly, but if you work through the FAQs there is eventually a form to send a direct request. The people I dealt with were incredilby helpful, the advice was little repetative but I think they were making subtle changes to my account settings in the background.