[Android] New music won't stay downloaded (2)

Thread: 115032

Description:

Tracks synced for offline playback get unsynced.

Additional information:

First of all, I am very sorry that this bug has reared its ugly head again. Clearly we didn't intend for this to happen.

Tracks might get re-synched as soon as you go online again.

When this bug previously occurred it seemed to only affect newer playlist additions

Please provide this information so we can investigate again:

• Spotify version
  • Mobile Phone model (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S4)
  • Android Operating system version (i.e. 4.2.2)
  • One or two example tracks that have unsynched (An actual link to the track(s) would be most helpful. I.e. http://open.spotify.com/track/034h8tVGEkurQkR96clibA)
  • Approximately when did you add the affected track(s)?
Comments
krissenisse
  • Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Android 4.2.2.
  • all
  • all the time

I had Download over 2G/3G as OFF but it still downloaded all my offline playlist again, so now, my second day with the new monthly subscription I used all my 3 GB of internet for this month, spotify used 2.93 GB even if i didn´t listen to any music at all (except with WiFi).

Thanks a lot spotify, 29 days until i can use my new cellphone again

/Dissatisfied Customer

gr0ver
Casual Listener

Aaaand it just did it again last night. Screw this, I'm going somewhere else.

dizzzu
Regular

I think I am going to move to Deezer. At least that works flawless, even if it doesn't look as good. Spotify, don't you think we should get a refund? 😞

Peter__
Community Legend

@dizzzu wrote:

I think I am going to move to Deezer. At least that works flawless, even if it doesn't look as good. Spotify, don't you think we should get a refund? 😞

You can ask and see what they say, customer services can be reached using the online contact form 😉 

Peter

fmtv
Music Fan

Hi,

I have the same problems with dissapearing playlists with songs for offline use.

The funny thing is, they are also diessapeared in my OSX desktop Spotify app. It just lookes as if the whole offline use function is not working anymore. I did the whole reinstall, cleanup and re download routine...but it just does not work anymore....hooray for the mobile operators for streaming while we are listening.

I have  6GB of songs aready on the phone, but it is not recognised. (Yep, with the extreme quality (cheap) trick on the extSdCard...)

Now the MacBook is synchronising, i really have no clue who is syncronising who in this case as they both don't see their files anymore.

This is really a very bad programming mistake!

Please fix this issue ASAP!!! 

BTW both apps are online now tryning to sync...at the same time! 

All spotify apps are the most recent versions. 0.6.0.17 and 0.9.0.133 (OSX)

Galaxy 3 phone, updated last week on most recent firmware 4.1.2/kernel 3.0.31-1042335 no root etc

MacBook Pro 17inch 10.6.8

Premium User for more then 2 years

user-removed
Not applicable

So i have a nexus 4 running 4.2.2, and NO tracks stay synced

dizzzu
Regular

Here is the answer I got from support@spotify.com. It seems it has solved the problem.

Can you please perform the following instructions and then update me on your progress.

-- On your device open (System) Settings and start Application Manager

-- Look for Spotify and tap it

-- Press "Clear data"

-- If it's not greyed out, also press "Clear cache"

-- Uninstall the Spotify app

-- IMPORTANT: Completely turn off your device, then turn it back on again

-- If you can remove the battery, do so now, then put it back in, then turn your device back on

-- Using a file explorer app on your device, or your computer with your device connected over USB, look for a folder called com.spotify.mobile.android.ui. It's usually located in \Phone\Android\data\ (or in the folder you chose on your SD card when you started Spotify the first time)

-- Delete the com.spotify.mobile.android.ui folder(s)

-- Re-install Spotify by heading to m.spotify.com to make sure you're getting the latest version

fmtv
Music Fan

@ dizzu Now this is getting really interesting! I followed the whole reinstall procedure again like you described....which is different in the last sentence: "download app from m.spotify.com".... I did this and hooray! everything worked...again. But your remark about the most recent version from the Spotify website is not true!!! I did the download and i got: 0.5.12.52 !!!

I can only think of 2 things: the site looks what phone I have (Galaxy3) and gives me the last working version...or...Spotify decided themeselves to downgrade the "most recent version"

Google Play gives me a update, which I won't accept for as long as Spotify themeselves won't come with a working new version.

BTW; i looked as if the new apps just are not able 'to see' if you have selected a playlist for offline use.

To be continued 

dizzzu
Regular

I have no idea why the version from m.spotify.com is not the most recent.

I just copy-pasted what was e-mailed to me from support@spotify.com 🙂

Let's hope it works.

fmtv
Music Fan

Well I checked again, and is def not the version that is available on Google Play...but...

The good news is, after updating to test what will happen...it updatetd to 0.6.17...and everyhting works !!!

So no new login, no dissapearing playlist files, jsut as it was before.

So for all of you, do what dizzu writes, and update Spotify only after you have downloaded at least 1 playlist, restarted your phone to be sure it will keep the files. I can conform that selecting Extrem Quality for downloading forces the use of the ExtSdCard on Galaxy S3

Cheers!