[Android] New music won't stay downloaded (2)

Thread: 115032

Description:

Tracks synced for offline playback get unsynced.

Additional information:

First of all, I am very sorry that this bug has reared its ugly head again. Clearly we didn't intend for this to happen.

Tracks might get re-synched as soon as you go online again.

When this bug previously occurred it seemed to only affect newer playlist additions

Please provide this information so we can investigate again:

• Spotify version
  • Mobile Phone model (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S4)
  • Android Operating system version (i.e. 4.2.2)
  • One or two example tracks that have unsynched (An actual link to the track(s) would be most helpful. I.e. http://open.spotify.com/track/034h8tVGEkurQkR96clibA)
  • Approximately when did you add the affected track(s)?
Comments
yellow160
Gig Goer
Don't know who accepted this as a solution but I've been through this loop many times and it's never worked.

Given that 0.6.17 has only been out a couple of days I'm keeping my powder dry with regard to whether it fixes anything.
fmtv
Music Fan

Well it worked for me! I was sceptical after downloading all songs for the 4th time, but so far so good.

Everthing works like before. Just follow the solution handed over by Dizzzu posted here in this thread.

krayonl
Casual Listener

After struggling with this for months I think Dizzzus's solution actually worked! Wohoo!!

krayonl
Casual Listener

I spoke too soon. my downloaded playlists are being lost again 😞

yellow160
Gig Goer

For me it's certainly better these days but it certainly isn't fixed.

dizzzu
Regular
It's happening again 😞 It seems that Spotify has really really bad customer support! I really regret switching over from Deezer.
fmtv
Music Fan
Overhere same prblems suddenly since yesterday...darn
user-removed
Not applicable

Exactly, the problem still exists! And nothing helps. Interestingly, often the same songs disappear/desynchronize on the phone and also on PC (Win 7 x64 Pro, Spotify 0.9.0.133). And often the same songs disappear several times.

JAKilburn

Alright, I'm experiencing a bug similar to this I think. I'm not a premium user, and at this time don't want to be, however I apparently have to now to download playlists onto my android, even if  they are all local files, even though I've been doing this for awhile as the only easy way to get all of my iTunes, which I've payed for, onto my phone. I do not want to sync all of my local files now that I have all these playlists setup, and I really quite like the playlists I've made, with by the way, my music that I have paid for. I have to say, I really like spotify, it is super user friendly and just awesome for android users, I would hate for this to be by design as some sort of DRM. DRM is slowly ruining the internet and technology in general, every company just wants to DRM the heck out of everything to the poin where its not even worth using, and the user friendliness disappears. If this is DRM, that's a dealbreaker spotify.

dwl285

I've had this problem since the most recent major update.

• Spotify version: 0.6.2.64
  • Mobile Phone model (i.e. Samsung Galaxy S4): Nexus 4
  • Android Operating system version (i.e. 4.2.2): 4.2.2
  • Example tracks: M83 – This Bright FlashLCD Soundsystem – Dance Yrself CleanFatboy Slim – Right Here, Right Now (to be honest, any playlist I pick seems to have tracks that are having this issue).
  • Approximately when did you add the affected track(s)?: Really hard to answer this question. As far as I can tell, it's happening to both albums that I have added really recently, and that I have added a long time ago.

To be honest, your question "when did you add the track" isn't a great one. What do you mean by add? When did I add it to a playlist? When did I set to be synced to my phone?

This is a really crippling bug, that makes it very hard to use the app the way I intend - to commute to work on a tube with no signal. How do I go about requesting a refund (at least partial) for the months in which this bug has been affecting my experience?