Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Now playing bar not updating

Hey everyone,

We're receiving reports from users that Now playing bar is not updating. 

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to add your +VOTE and follow the instructions in the Status Update below.

We'll be keeping everyone up to speed here, so make sure to subscribe to this thread!

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Eni
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey there folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

modcar

Sorry not fixed for me.  App updated yesterday

App version: 8.6.48.796

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Version: 10

One UI Version: 2.5

Power management disabled for Spotify

Now playing both in the app and in the car does not update

Music doesn't 'dim' with notifications / Google Maps speaking

Music does not stop when turning the car off (starts playing out of the phone speaker)

-Only way to pause music is to go into Spotify, popup the 'now playing' (which shows the play button) press play, then pause

Music does not pause when on a phone call - it doesn't interrupt the phone call, but after the phone call when the music replays - its as far ahead in the playlist as it would have been had I not got a phone call

Spotify app has the same behaviour when not connected to the car via Bluetooth 

This started around the time I paired my new Galaxy Watch 3

the following will make Spotify "work" for a short while:

Clear cache

Uninstall/reinstall Spotify

DanyS_85

still not fix. It was ok for few weeks and now is back as it was, if not worst.

It seems like sometimes it keeps playing the playlist in the background. Even if you don't hear it. 

it also started a couple of times by itself.

App version: 8.6.48.796

Device: Samsung Galaxy s21 +

Version: 10

smallemz
Still not working for me. I did a clean reinstall and it worked properly for 2 hours.
Now I don't have a now playing bar so can't pause, can't forward or back. It keeps playing even when I've shut the app down.

It also only plays 10 mins before shutting itself down
Getting very frustrated by this.
keatz85

This has absolutely not been fixed.  I still have to force stop Spotify almost daily to get the now playing bar to update on my pixel 3, android version 11.   I love Spotify but this out of control and has me contemplating cancelling.  Having to force stop an app every now and then is no big deal but daily is just absurd, never seen anything like this... and for them to disregard it for a long time then pretend it's fixed is just ridiculous.   Spotify's google-like support model is BS too (we won't help you but try our community).  Spotify is paid, google is free...and google actually has good support for their paid products (ie:  pixel, home, etc). 

modcar

This thread has been resolved. I've started a new one at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Android/Now-playing-bar-frozen/m-p/5267282 

Feel free to go post there - atleast someone's paying attention to comments on the new thread.