Premium

Country

Guatemala

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Ok so my app shows a series of glitches, I have tried to reinstall the app, delete data, delete cache, and after a while it still happens. The issues are as following: 

1. App shows wrong song playing
  2. Progress bar doesn't move or the time elapsed/remaining. 
  3. When you leave the app UI and change to another app, after a while the audio stops playing and it resumes when opening it again, but still not showing the correct info. 
  4. No widget on the notification bar, but audio still playing. 
  5. Audio still playing even when closing the app from the square button on Android. It has to be force closed. 

As I said, I have tried from deleting cache and data from the app, from Android app manager. I have tried uninstalling and re installing and still the same. 

Please help me, I have been a subscriber for many years and I don't wanna change my streaming platform but it is too stressful as I use the app a lot of time daily. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

Since the original issue has since been resolved, we're closing this as fixed. Make sure you're running the latest app version and everything should work fine now.

As for the other issues regarding the Galaxy watch we suggest you head over to this thread where we are currently gathering the relevant details to pass on to our developers.

If you're experiencing a different issue you can start a new topic in the relevant help board since the root cause of this has been fixed and we are now looking at different issues.

Thanks!

Comments
Visitor

My app does the same thing. I'm using S10+. Also I've noticed when this is happening the app refuses to play on Android Auto. Needs a restart which fixes it temporarily. As the OP I've done the same reinstalling clearing cache and so on.

Not very happy as this has been going on for 2-3 months and is getting annoying making me contemplate cancelling subscription.

Yes! Big issue!

Samsung Galaxy S8

Spotify version 8.5.82.894

Android version 9

yes happens when connected to bluetooth

Pixel 5

Android 11

Spotify 8.5.82.894

Was connected to different BT devices before

I was able to solve this for the moment by force ending the app in Android settings. 

I have the same issue on my samsung galaxy s9+ i have tried to delete the app and delet data and caches. And the app works a fee days after that before it "freezes" again. I have had the bug for a couple of month now. I hope you can fix this soon, its very anoying

Casual Listener
Hi.
Have you tried updating the Samsung SW to the most recent version?
I did, and that seemed to fix my problem.
Casual Listener

Same issue here, I rely on this quite heavily as I stream from my laptop to a speaker and it's handy having the widget show me the track name and being able to quickly control when calls come into my laptop!

Spotify doesn't care so I've just stopped using it. 

Same here on Android 10 using a Galaxy S9. The current song does not change in the app and the widget also does not change. Power saving modes are off.

Very annoying!

Casual Listener
Hi,
I had the same problem, but it got better after updating
to the latest Samsung SW - have you tried that?

@asfalga My Galaxy S9 has the latest Firmware Version of November. Spotify app is also on the latest version. No improvement.