Premium

Country

Guatemala

Device

(Samsung Galaxy S10)

Operating System

(Android 10)

My Question or Issue

Ok so my app shows a series of glitches, I have tried to reinstall the app, delete data, delete cache, and after a while it still happens. The issues are as following: 

1. App shows wrong song playing
  2. Progress bar doesn't move or the time elapsed/remaining. 
  3. When you leave the app UI and change to another app, after a while the audio stops playing and it resumes when opening it again, but still not showing the correct info. 
  4. No widget on the notification bar, but audio still playing. 
  5. Audio still playing even when closing the app from the square button on Android. It has to be force closed. 

As I said, I have tried from deleting cache and data from the app, from Android app manager. I have tried uninstalling and re installing and still the same. 

Please help me, I have been a subscriber for many years and I don't wanna change my streaming platform but it is too stressful as I use the app a lot of time daily. 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

Since the original issue has since been resolved, we're closing this as fixed. Make sure you're running the latest app version and everything should work fine now.

As for the other issues regarding the Galaxy watch we suggest you head over to this thread where we are currently gathering the relevant details to pass on to our developers.

If you're experiencing a different issue you can start a new topic in the relevant help board since the root cause of this has been fixed and we are now looking at different issues.

Thanks!

Comments

I have  the  same issue  here:

When using the app and the connection, the song that is showing as playing does not match the actual song. I can control the song start, stop and pause with the wrong song showing but can't see correct time. Also, sometimes the songs just stops.

Plan

Premium

Country

Belgium

Device

Samsung Galaxy A51

Operating System

Android 10

Visitor

-S10e with Android OS

Been having the same issues as others off and on the last couple months.

-current track gets stuck displaying previously played song but I can continue to control playback

-songs sometimes continue to play after disconnecting bluetooth

This has gone one way too long. Please fix

I have the same issue 

I'm on Samsung Note 10

Android 10

Spotify Android 8.5.84.875

Spotify is connected to my car via Bluetooth, and I turn the car off, but spotify will switch to phone speakers and continue playing. But there is no widget controls to stop it. 

I can stop the music buy looking at open apps, and closing the app that way. But when I start the app again it goes back into this weird mode, playing music, but not showing progress or canvas. 

I can fix the problem by forcing the application to close "Force Stop". 

Visitor

Also experiencing this problem

Samsung Galaxy A70

OS Android 10

Spotify V8.5.84.875

I use spotify with bluetooth the majority of the time, so I haven't noticed whether this issue is only occuring when using bluetooth.

Casual Listener

Same here on pixel 5

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

Samsung Note20 Ultra

Operating System

Android 10

I've been having this issue for a while now, and on top of all that, sometimes when the icon disappears from the notification bar, the music just stops playing. (Spotify version 8.5.85.894)

Visitor

Note 20 Ultra US Version

Android Version 10

Visitor

I have the same problem from nearly one month. Playing song crashes all the time and you can't skip or play previous song. It freezes on the same song image, but the app starts to play another song. I have the latest update installed and unfortunately the issue is still present. 

My phone S20 Ultra 5G

Spotify version: 8.5.85.894

Please take a look also on the video below. There you can see what's going on and what's the issue.

https://streamable.com/i39cbc

Visitor

Same issue here

Note 20 Ultra 5G - Running Android 10
Spotify Version 8.5.85.894

The issue starts everytime i connect the bluetooth. 
specially when i use it in my car.

having this issues about a month or two. 

Visitor

I have been having this issue for months and I have sent a ticket to Spotify where I was told to use a workaround including flushing my sockets in Chrome and clearing cache and so on. That worked for almost a week until the app decided to return to the previous behavior. The issue happens now once in 2 days and I am forced to use the workaround every time to have a functional application. Today the workaround did not work and my application still has a frozen Currently Playing screen. This is outrageous. The idea of an issue reported by the community clients over and over again and the development team still not being able to find a fix for it for almost a year is amazing in a negative way. I am seriously considering dropping my duo subscription and looking into other music streaming platforms. This is just...incredible.