Premium

Country

UK

Device

Sony Xperia Z2 Compact

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

My Spotify has recently updated and my offline online toggle in the notification area of my phone no longer works. It will turn itself back online if I open spotify or just even reopen my notification area.

This used to work fine, I could have my Spotify constantly in offline mode and then if I wanted to switch online just swipe to my notification area and turn it back on or vice versa.

Screenshot attached of the notification tile I am referring to

Screenshot_20190603-182928.png

Hey there everyone, 

We really appreciate all your reports regarding the Offline Mode button missing or not working correctly in your Android device's status bar.

We've passed them on to our tech teams and they'll look into this.

If you're experiencing this even after reinstalling, make sure to add your +VOTE and leave a comment with the following details:

• Your device and its OS version
  • The exact Spotify version on your device
  • What happens when you press the quick tile?

We'll let you know as soon as we have any updates to pass on :)

Related Issues

Comments
aidsregen98

I´ve got the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy A5. Toggle switch in the statusbar doesnt work anymore. The switch in the statusbar turns off everytime even if i am in offline mode.

Puede ayudarme?

arq_agm

I have the same problem with a xiomi redmi 6 and android 8.1.

Hey folks,

Thanks for reaching out to us about this!

It seems that the quick tile feature isn't supported across all Android devices that can run Spotify. Unfortunately this means that this is not something that Spotify can look into.

What we can suggest is that you try a clean reinstall of the app, and that if that doesn't work you toggle Offline Mode from within the app itself.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions ;)

Chenson722
Regular

Peter-- this is not a solution. First, I've used the quick toggle to switch between offline and online mode for two years and across 3 phones. It is the primary way of utalizing the only feature of the paid subscription that's meaningful.

Additionally, I have a Pixel 3 (designed by Google, makers of Android, to be the most Android-functional phone). By definition, the phone utilizes every feature of Android. It's not that the phone doesn't work with quick settings, it's that this newest build of Spotify broke a very important feature.

--Chris

Chenson722
Regular

Also, I'm not sure how or why my first comment was deleted, but it's not appreciated. I detailed the issue quite well, with all the relevant information to help you guys identify and fix the bug.

Josederock

Same problem here, looks like last update broke the functionality. This is really annoying. 

Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks,

We've been made aware of a potential issue involving the quick tile for offline mode on Android, as it appears in the image below:

quicktiles_nougat.jpg

In order to be able to narrow down and confirm the exact issue, we would like to gather some more info.

If you're experiencing this issue, could you provide us with the following:

• device and OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • what happens when you press the quick tile?

Thanks!

Lzm

S9+ (android 9.0)

The toggle itself is gone... if i were to use the offline mode in spotify itself it would just lock my account out...

@Peter 

aidsregen98

Hey,

I got a SAMSUNG GALAXY A5 with Android 8.0

I reinstalled the Version which still worked.

With the Version 8.5.6.673 its working fine.

After the new updates i had problems with the switch/toggle in the status bar.

The toggle could turn in the offline mode but couldnt turn it off. Because of that i had to go into the preferences and turn it off manually. The toggle appeared to be "not in offline mode" even when i was so when i press it nothing happend. I did a clean reinstall and deleted spotify a couple of times but it did not work.

With latest version 8.5.9.737 the toggle was totally removed and I cant us it anymore

@Peter 

EendjeKwak3

Hi, 

Device is Galaxy Note 9

Android 9.0

With the latest version 8.5.9.737 my quicktoggle also dissapeared, even though I have had it before.

@Peter