[Android] Report Explicit Content giving error "Could not report, please try again."

Since I signed up, I have added several songs that I like, but when I go to that playlist radio (to try to find more "like" songs that I can add to my playlists) almost all of them contain explicit lyrics, but they aren't tagged as explicit. When I try to report them, I get the error "Couldn't report, please try again". I also have Allow Explicit Content disabled in my user profile. I have used Pandora and Google Music and haven't had this issue, but with Spotify Premium, almost all playlist radio songs have a lot of profanity. It is tough to trust as I like to play music around my children. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone,

We appreciate you reaching out and voicing your concerns about this here.

We can confirm that the option to report explicit content from within the app has been removed. If this is something you would like to see make a return in the future, we'd recommend adding your votes and comments to this idea. We’ll be monitoring it to pass the feedback on to the right teams and keep you posted there, as soon as we have something to share.

In order to keep all feedback in one single place, we'll be closing this thread for new replies.

Comments
Coheed1785

Same, this has been an issue for so long. Why is spotify so lazy?

Elena

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your post. We're happy to help.

At the moment - this is available for users on Android, iOS and tablets. If you'd like this to be a feature on the desktop we recommend you to create an idea about this. You can find the steps on how to do it here.  

Would you mind confirming if you've performed a clean reinstall of the app? This will ensure that any old cached files are not causing this.

Also - can you try to log in with another account - such as a friend's or a family member's to see if you're able to report the explicit content from their account?

Does this occur from one specific device or multiple devices?

We'll have an eye out for your replies 🙂

Cheers!

jaike
Visitor

Indeed folks, if you go to the track you want to report, click on the three dots to the right of the track, scroll down and and select 'Report explicit content'.

Spotify:

1. It wouldn't have taken much for you to instruct the last user.

2. "If you'd like this to be a feature on the desktop we recommend you to create an idea about this." This is inflammatory. Being an enterprising organisation, you should be actioning obvious wins such as this. Your reply essentially reads as "We can't be bothered to create this level of functionality for desktop. Desktop? Pfff. So 2019." Look - if it's worth doing for your app, it's worth doing for desktop. This is about protecting the kids. Don't you care about the kids? I would go even further: the volume of explicit content these days is deeply disturbing. I know it. You know it. It's one of Life's elephants in the room. If I was to duplicate explicit lyrics here you'd have me banned. I suggest that you actively encourage users to activate content filters. Parents cut a big share of your user base.

Coheed1785
I couldn't get this to work when I had iOS and it doesn't work now on
Android
Elena

Hey there folks,

Thank you for your posts and feedback. We apologize if you've had a bad experience with the app.

We're always testing things by adding or removing features to make Spotify better overall. We’re sorry that this means you’re not able to use Spotify like you wish to do at the moment.

We're constantly aiming to improve our features, and taking user's ideas and comments on board so we hope you’ll continue using it and find it gets better in the future. 

Once again - Thanks for the feedback, we appreciate it. 

@Coheed1785, could you confirm for us if you've tried any of the troubleshooting steps above, so that we don't repeat any?

We're always one reply away if you need us. We're happy to assist.

WarriorWolfeh
Visitor
  1. I have never, ever, been able to report content as explicit. There are SO many songs that the filter misses and I have reinstalled the app and the report function just never works. It always says could not report, try again. It's really bad when I want to listen to songs around other but still have to watch for those few songs I know the filter didnt catch and rush to change the song quickly. It's been years...please fix it
Coheed1785

Yes! Come on spotify, it can't be that hard to fix, all you ever do is reply "thanks for the feedback" and then do nothing

Mihail
Spotify Legend

Hey folks,

Thanks for voicing your concerns and sharing your feedback.

@WarriorWolfeh and @Coheed1785, just to make sure that we're on the same page so that you can use the report feature as soon as possible - did you try the steps that @Elena suggested? A clean reinstall usually solves the error message that comes up.

If that didn't do the trick, it would help us out a lot in identifying the root cause of the problem if you share whether or not you can report content on the same device with a different account. You can use a friend or family members or create a free one here

For the youngest listeners we have also developed Spotify Kids. You can find out more abut it in this Support Article and see if it's a suitable solution for you.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on how it goes.  

Coheed1785
Yes, I opened a different account on another device, and the feature works
there, but does not work here
jaike
Visitor

Got a Macbook Pro running on the latest OS and the latest version of Spotify. No way to report explicit content using Spotify on my desktop.

Example: Are You Bored Yet by Wallows - contains explicit content but is not marked as such. The kids were listening whilst playing and...ouch.

We have acknowledge that filters simply do not work, and Spotify is literally riddled with profanity. Riddled.

Related Issues