Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Scroll bar not working in Liked Songs

Hi everyone!

We've been receiving reports from you in the Community that the right hand-side scroll bar in Liked Songs is unclickable in the latest version of Spotify on Android.

You can scroll through the Liked Songs by swiping up/down, but the scroll bar which appears cannot be selected.

This can occur not only in bigger Liked Songs lists, but in those with only a few hundred songs as well.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
MafeG

Hi folks,

Thank you for reaching out about this.

We've received similar reports on the Community about the scroll bar not working on large playlists. However, the reports were isolated to the Liked songs list, could you confirm if this is the case for you, or does it also happen in any other playlist? 

Also, it's worth running a clean reinstall of the app with these steps. They can help remove any damaged file.

Keep us posted.

dubs444
I did a clean install and it did not work. I went through a few playlist and albums and was not able to get the scroll "circle" to appear. I did notice it appears on the library tab before I select a playlist.
mkaplan28

I did a clean re-install of the app and still have the same problem in Liked Songs. 

In other playlists I am able to fast-scroll on the scroll bar, though the alphabet popup is still missing. 

DHenryW52
Yes you were right. This problem were only isolated to the Liked songs list.

I have try to clean reinstal but the scroll bar still did not work.
6000j

Plan

Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Samsung Galaxy A52

Operating System

Android 12

My Question or Issue

It appears that the quick scroll feature (the tab on the right side that you can drag) has been removed from playlists. It still shows up in the "your library" view, but that only contains playlists and albums and not songs themselves.

I used this feature heavily, as I have 1150 songs in my liked songs and I would use it to listen to an adjacent cluster of them at once. The search feature doesn't allow me to do this, because it will only play from search results.

There seems to be no reason to remove this feature specifically from playlists, and I would greatly appreciate an option to have it available. 

Virgil_Steel

Absolutely same issue here, using Xiaomi 11T, Android 11, tried reinstalling app, doesn't work. Hope more activity will help with the fix. I'm guessing there is something to do with some interface changes, which they implement on random users, as far as i know, because before this problem there was no BIG green play-shufle button, it was on the bottom bar (where short track info, like button and current device are), and now it is here.

Jayslocs187

Bring back the side scroll bar to make navigation of large amounts of music faster

Vasil
Status changed to: Under investigation
Hey folks!

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.
If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:
  • device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • a screenshot or a video of your Liked Songs list
We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Much appreciated! 🙂
Treevalley
  • @Alex @MafeG  Just to provide more info, both my Samsung Note 10+ and Samsung Tab s7 have the same scroll bar issue with the 'Liked Songs' category. Both are on Android 12 but the scrolling feature was not impacted after upgrade. Note 10+ app version is 8.7.6.1081, the lastest version, and the Galaxy Tab S7 is on 8.7 4.1056 but both have the same issue everyone here has with the scroll bar. The Tab S7 is a version behind due to the automatic updates being off on that device. As a result I had to manually update the Tab S7 to 8.7.4 and that is when the scroll bar had issues. My Liked Songs Playlist is 3000+ songs and I have added a few more since, but the issue did not occur until the recent updates rolled out. My apologies if this info is redundant.

//UPDATE: Directly after posting this, I discovered that if you go all the way to the top of the Like Songs page until you can't scroll anymore and press, and hold the scroll bar in the split second before it disappears, you can scroll through the whole Playlist successfully BUT if you let go of it, you cant grab it again unless you repeat the same steps.

mkaplan28

Device: Google Pixel 5

Spotify version 8.7.6.1081

Video: https://streamable.com/vebmnw 

Note that you have to scroll down numerous times before the scroll bar even appears - it's "hidden" behind the "Liked Songs" banner at the top of the screen. And even when it does appear, it cannot be grabbed/scrolled.