Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Scroll bar not working in Liked Songs

Hi everyone!

We've been receiving reports from you in the Community that the right hand-side scroll bar in Liked Songs is unclickable in the latest version of Spotify on Android.

You can scroll through the Liked Songs by swiping up/down, but the scroll bar which appears cannot be selected.

This can occur not only in bigger Liked Songs lists, but in those with only a few hundred songs as well.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
eNarwhal

Device: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Spotify Version: 8.7.6.1081

(Premium)

I double checked and it does seem to be just liked songs for me. I also did a reinstall which did not fix the issue.

SiLoBoY6669
  1. Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

Spotify Version: 8.7.8.1206

Screenshot_20220225-105231_Spotify.jpg

I have 1900 songs liked and downloaded, it's kinda a pain to thumb scroll through them all to find that one song. Bring back the scroll slider that was on the right side of the app, it was extremely useful and helpful that it also told you where in the alphabet you were. For the love of all that is and ever will be, bring it back! The scroll slider seems to work on some of the shorter lists, but that's not where I need it to work... 

EDIT: it's back! And working quite well so far, also enjoying the fact that the team added the alphabet identifier back in! Well done! App version 8.7.16.1354

Kamile3

Device: Honor 8x

Spotify Version: 8.7.6.1071

(Premium)

did a clean reinstall and it still didnt work

maredougan

Same issue. It works on my other playlists but not in my Liked Songs

Spidermane

Same issue with scroll-bar not working on liked songs playlist

Icyicicle

Samsung Galaxy S21  Android 12 One UI 4.0

Spotify: 8.7.6.1081

I am also experiencing this issue. A bigger scroll circle would appear and show the month. Now it's gone.

Screenshot_20220222-165034_Spotify.jpg

acutepuppo
  1. Samsung Galaxy S20 FE

Android 12

Spotify Version 8.7.8.1206

The scroll bar appears on my library but not in liked songs.

Edit: I've logged out/logged in, cleared cache, reinstalled the app and nothing worked. 

Screenshot_20220227-122821_Spotify.jpg

Icyicicle

Samsung Galaxy S21 Android 12 One UI 4.0

Spotify: 8.7.6.1081

It officially is broken! Here is proof, if you scroll to the top and the scrollbar is still showing it becomes clickable! It is hard to do, but once it is scrolled down the the songs, then you can't reclick on it again to get back up the top quickly.

Here is a video that shows my taps showing the glitchy functionality and the partial hack.

https://streamable.com/6u0bba

cp00163

I am having the same experience with the scroll function on my liked song playlist. There is a fast scroll function on other playlists but the alphabetical part has disappeared. I am using a Samsung Galaxy S21 with android 12 and my Spotify version is 8.7.8.1206. I have cleared cache and data and done a reinstall but nothing has changed. I have also toggled between online and offline but nothing changes. Please help.

CarstenRecht

I use a Huawei P40. EMUI 12.0.0  Android 10
same issue
latest spotify update - scroll bar not working correctly