[Android] Songs randomly stop playing

Thread: 380716

Description:

When listening to music in either on- or offline mode, Spotify will stop playing after 1-2 songs.

Additional information:

When replying please make sure to read [Android] Troubleshooting Spotify and provide as much information and detail as possible.

--

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

Hey folks, this should be fixed for you all. If you're having any further trouble with your Andoid please post in the Help boards. Thanks!

0 Likes

Related Issues

Comments
Casual Listener

Just like @kathalo songs stop playing after 2-5 seconds on my Nexus 5. It happens when playing songs online as well as when playing songs that are offline available. That has been happening since the latest update (1.0.0.82). On my Mac everything works fine.

I already tried to do the clean reinstall - no help.

I hope you guys can help me. If you need additional information - let me know.

Best, Marc

Spotify 1.0.0.82

Android 4.4.2

Nexus 5

Community Legend

I've been having the same problem, but I can't complain because I have a cheap phone that runs out of memory easily.

Phone: T-Mobile Prism II

Android Version: 4.1.1

Casual Listener

Update:

Problem only occurs when online. When using Spotify with airplane-mode enabled, playing offline available tracks works fine. As soon as I turn airplane-mode off, it breaks again.

Regular

I just tried this, and it worked for me as well:

Downloaded playlists (however, I cannot download them completely for whatever reason..) play when I'm in flight mode. Sadly this "solution" is not very practical

user-removed
Not applicable

Any Spotify developers here?

I found i  the latest version of Spotify for Android tries to connect to the net even if I want to listen to donwloaded songs, maybe to fetch the song cover. In brief, if I have no or bad connection and I did not set "offline mode", spotify freezes waiting for some information it really doesn’t need to play.
Previous version worked well, so here we have a clear regression and a bad user experience

exactly the same problem!

Casual Listener

@kathalo I also can't download playlists anymore. It usually stops at 2-3/X. 

@spotify would be nice to hear something from your side..

Regular

My problem resolved itself mostly. Yesterday I redownloaded some playlists that got deleted randomly. After some trys it worked (and then stopped working, so redownload, yay) and I can even listen to music when not in flight mode! Still don't know what happened, though.

Regular

Ok, nope it sometimes works, sometimes I still have the problem of songs stopping playing. Although there was an update today(?), the problem essentially persists..

Hey guys,

I think I might have a solution for this problem. 

Open the Spotify app.

Go to the upper-left corner and then Settings.

Scroll down to the bottom, you will see "Delete cache and saved data".

Click it and OK.

It usually played two songs before it stopped. Now I can play 6 songs smoothly.

Sorry I only use Spotify on my phone when I take a shower. So I really dont know if this solution fixes the problem perfectly or not.

I hope this can solve your problem.