Premium

Country

Australia

Device

Pixel 2XL

Operating System

Android P

My Question or Issue

I have attempted to use the "share" function in-song but Spotify crashes after approx 2 seconds. No share menu appears before crash. Has worked previously.

I have already:

Reinstalled the app

Cleared the com.spotify folder in file explorer

Restarted the phone

Ensured all permissions are ticked

Assistance required. Really annoying!

Hey everyone!

Thanks for all your reports.

This should now be fixed in the latest Android version. 

You can make sure that you're always on the latest update by enabling updates or perform a quick reinstall of your Android app by following these steps

Hope this helps.

Related Issues

Comments
Aldershotsam386

Same for me on my Galaxy s9+. I'm not on premium though. I'm not on android p.

JasonPurinton

Me too on Galaxy S7. Fix please, I share quite often.

m-p-3
Casual Listener

Same issue, silently crash back to launcher when attempting to share. Xiaomi A1 on Android 8.1.0 (July 2018 security update), using Spotify Premium.

paradoxall

Same here

Pixel 2 android 9

qz_gstr-5td4o

I JUST UPGRADED TO PREMIUM AND SHARING STOPPED WORKING. IT EITHER REFRESHES THE SCREEN OR SPOTIFY CRASHES. *YES I AM SCREAMING. WHERE ARE THE HELP FAQS TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE?? I've searched the issue & this has come up over the past couple of years.

What's the deal. 

Someone please post the fix ASAP.

On Android S9

Eeevarn

Same here. Sharing worked fine yesterday but suddenly it won't work. Restarted and made sure it was up to date. I'm on Asus Zenfone 3 android Oreo. Hope it gets fixed soon :)

offguard

Same issue on OnePlus 6 on Android 8.1.0 that started today.

LedZoSo1
Regular

I have the same problem. I'm on Samsung Galaxy S9, Android 8.0, Premium account. Fix the problem, please. Two days ago it worked

JasonPurinton

So, I tried to uninstall, clean memory and storage in the optimizer, then restart and reinstalled.  NO LUCK, STILL CRASHES! wth Spotify?

Galaxy S7

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey folks!

Thanks for coming to the Community.

We're seeing reports here that the Spotify app is crashing for some Android users, when using the Share feature.
We appreciate your comments.

If you've not yet tried these, please can you let us know if the below steps help out?

- Reinstall
- Click 'Remove All' under Offline Devices here. Please note you will need to re-download any offline tunes after trying this.
- Switch device off/on
- Double-check if you get the same result on WiFi and mobile connection

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

/M