[Android] Spotify link in Instagram always opens in web player

Plan

Premium

Country

mexico

Device

Android

My Question or Issue

Hello, I'm an artist on spotify for the past months (since october) i have been uploading songs to spotify.

I have a direct link from my instagram account that redirects many users to my spotify band profile in their cellphone app (not the web player)  i tris it so many times, on many cellphones from friends and family and it always took you to the app on cellphone .   

But last week that same link stopped taking you to the app and takes you to the web player in which you need to login again.

but it happened to all accounts, not just my link, but to all of the artist links

ive tried it in many cellphones too, and its the same thing.

so i ask what is the problem, is this going to be fixed soon?

that helped artists a lot redirecting users to new profiles.

nobody wants to LOG IN again

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)

Comments
Rising Star 16 songassistant
Rising Star 16
Hey,

thanks for coming to the community :)

People can choose whether to open in app or browser in Android's settings → Applications → Spotify → Open by default → Opening links

In many cases using http links instead of the https ones helps also.

Hope to get this solved!
carlostorres
Regular

Thanks for the reply, I already know that. but what I mean is that before the last 2 weeks any open.spotify link on a cellphone took you directly to the app if you already had your phone programed to open the app (like you said), but now even if you do, it takes to the web player and asks you to log in (at this point i know you can also select "open in app" at the top right corner".   but what i mean is that before these two weeks it opened directly to the app. and now it doesn't.

remember i tried it on different cellphones .

but any way there is no solution for this...

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey @carlostorres,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If any other users are experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Hey there folks,

We haven't heard from you in a while.

Just to confirm, @carlostorres are you still experiencing this issue?

Since there's a newer version of the app available, it'd be helpful if you could confirm that, along with the version of the Spotify app you end up with and your device's info. We'll make sure to pass it on to our tech teams.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply, thanks!

Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey folks,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks are looking into this.

We're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest version.

Thanks! Stay awesome :)