[Android] Spotify randomly pauses music

Device:

Samsung Galaxy S5

Operating System Version:

Android 5.0

Spotify Version:

Description:

My playing music gets randomly in pause mode. While listening to music the playpack pauses.

It does not depend on connection (WLAN, normal Internet, no internet connection).
Audio-Output via Bluetooth, headset (Klinke) or normal via intern speaker makes no difference.

I actively have to press play again, which is really annoying.

This happens sometimes every 7 minutes, sometimes 1 time an hour.

To reproduce:

1. Open some Player (tested with Spotify, YouTube, internal Android Music Player)
  2. Select play on track / video
  3. Wait
  4. playing gets in pause mode

Workaround:

Select play everytime it pauses

Additional information:

Accordingly to Samsung support, this is a known bug and the issue is the spotify app.

(Samsung told me to uninstall spotify to solve this problem. no option for me, 'cause i am a premium spotify user and listen a lot via spotify)

Hey all,

Thanks for bearing with us, while this was worked on backstage.

Although not everyone has responded to us yet, many of you have confirmed this as 'fixed' since updating your app. We really appreciate you keeping us in the loop.

We're just jumping in now, to let you know we're going to close this thread up.

If you are still having the issue, it's possible this could be related to something else! Don't worry, we'd recommend checking firstly:

- Are you running any other apps in the foreground which could be causing this?

- Can you test playing in offline mode (if possible), to see that it's not paused by low bandwidth streaming?

- Have you covered all the initial trouble-shooting steps? E.g. reinstall, restart the app, check your operating system's up-to-date?

- Check you're not using your device's battery-saving mode

- Check you're not using any cache-clearing or power-saving apps

If none of these help, we'd recommend reaching out in a new thread, so that we can take a look at what the individual issue may be in more detail.

Once again, thanks for your patience as the right team looked into this 🙂

All the best,

/M

Comments
marco19701
Casual Listener

the problem is also on spotify connect..my new yamaha receiver stops sometimes with random playing.
why? i don't know. i have a lan connection 150mbit so that isnt the problem..

ik hope for a quick solution

gr marco

Rick_Blaine
Music Fan
It happened in my car today, between two songs playing stopped. Had to press next to continue. Crossfade is still on.
Steph_B
Roadie

Thanks for reporting!

Our team's aware of the issue.

Hopefully we'll have a fix soon. 

mcbrems
Regular
Sorry to be cynical, but that exact response was given several months ago.
Laura
Roadie

Hi @mcbrems!

We understand where you're coming from, but rest assured our tech folks are still working on this.

Any updates will be posted on this thread.

Stay tuned!

Carlos
Roadie

Hey there!

We're afraid we don't have any news yet, but we'll make sure to keep you updated. 

Tamzin

I am having issues with my spotify on my iMac - internet is working fine. Getting really frustrated. 

It will pause then kick back in if I move my mouse - its as if its freezing. 

Anyone else experiencing this? I have had no issues on my phone though. 

Thanks so much

Tamzin

I can also see how long this is taking to sort out?? Why is it taking so long? 

If its going to be another several months I will be ending my subscription. Why are we paying for music that wont play through a whole song without skipping or pausing? 

westonschmeston

I'm having the same problem. My music will randomly pause every few songs. This happens on both desktop and mobile, and it happens in the middle of songs, so I don't think enabling crossfade will help.

I get the error message "Spotify has been paused because your account is being used somewhere else.", but my account is not being used anywhere else. I've been a Premium subscriber for years, but this is a big enough problem that I'm seriously considering switching to Google Music.

I can't even imagine how infuriating it would be for people using Spotify for playlists at dances and parties.

caglakhan
Gig Goer

Same issue here one Windows 10 desktop.

Related Issues