Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Samsung Android Galaxy A5 (2016)

Version android

Version Spotify

My Question or Issue

Since this morning my phone won´t play more than one song. After it finishes playing a song, it rewinds back a few minutes, to about a minute and a half into the song, after which it doesn´t play anymore. This happens no matter how strong or weak my connection is and whether I´ve downloaded the song or not. 

It doesn´t pause the songs, and if I pause it and then unpause it, it continues to look as if it´s playing but does so without sound.

If I skip the song, it plays the next one, but the same problem occurs when the song ends. My laptop works just fine, it´s just my phone.

Edit: I´ve performed a clean reinstall, which worked, but only for a little while, The problem is now back.

Edit 2: somehow, a day or so after making the above edit, the problem was fixed. I did nothing to fix it, Spotify was just working normally out of nowhere again. I decided to wait a few days to bring the news to see if it stayed the same, and it did. I will leave this question open as I don´t think everyone has had the same thing happen to them, but I wanted to inform you all regardless. Hopefully, I´m doing it the right way, haha. Good luck to anyone with the same issue! 

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hello @Trevie

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

I'd recommend performing clean reinstall of your Spotify app. It's different than regular reinstallation.
Just find your device in this article and follow the steps provided there.

I hope it helps!

Fred_H
Visitor

Samsung Galaxy S6

Andriod 7.0

Spotify Version 8.5.57.1164

Premium Plan

Canada

I have the same issue. Started the same day. The song reaches the end and then stops playing audio and jumps to the halfway point of the song.  Selecting a different point in the song will start the song from that point with audio however, once the song again reaches the end it will jump to the midpoint between the selected spot and the end of the song and play no audio.  Letting the song "play out" with no audio will leave the song stuck at the end point playing nothing. Hitting next will start the next song only for the issue to repeat again at the end of that song. 

This only occurs on my phone, my laptop works fine. It occurs with and without wifi. The clean reinstall fixed it for a less than an hour before the problem reappeared.

quijote1605

I have had the same issue. I've tried a clean reinstall but the issues comes back. Why is this?

quijote1605

I've had the same problem too and the clean reinstall doesnt work either.

quijote1605

Hello this does not work. If it does it only works for like 30 minutes.

Emilia_8
Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

Hello @Trevie@Fred_H and @quijote1605

Thanks for giving it a try!

It might also be a good idea to restart your devices to see if that would make a difference. 

Could you also let me know:

• What Spotify and Android versions you're using? Please, state the specific number.
  • Are you experiencing this on a different network?
  • Is this happening when you're using Connect or Bluetooth or when playing directly via the phone?

I'll keep an eye out for your replies! 

Spozbucket
Visitor

I am experiencing the same problem as of this week. Since the update my podcasts have not been working, I posted in the relevant thread about that and followed avice to update phone software and reinstall Spotify 

However autoplay no longer works and I can't listen to a single song without it just stopping mid song at least once.

m4ria
Visitor

I'm having the same problem. however much I clean it in the recommended way it remains the same. my music does not want to continue and returns a few seconds without starting the other, in addition to showing that it continues to play the song having already finished it.

plan: 

premium

country

brazil 

device

samsung galaxy 3 prime j3

android version 

applycation version

m4ria
Visitor

I'm having the same problem. however much I clean it in the recommended way it remains the same. my music does not want to continue and returns a few seconds without starting the other, in addition to showing that it continues to play the song having already finished it.

plan: 

premium

country

brazil 

device

samsung galaxy 3 prime j3

android version 

applycation version

Fred_H
Visitor

I tried restarting again but the issue is still there.

The same error occurs on any wifi network or without a wifi connection. It occurs when playing through an aux device, through the phone speakers, and through bluetooth devices. Again, it only happens when playing on my phone. Spotify works fine on my laptop.

Related Issues