Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Android TV and Google TV app display is zoomed

Hey folks, 

We've received several reports that the Spotify App is zoomed on TVs. This is being looked into.

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure the app and firmware are up to date.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
darksqueal
When i open spotify in my chromecast with google tv. Spotify app showing to big display scale.
darksqueal

This is my screen looks like. Please help

20230115_163706.jpg
davidarenga

Exactly the same happened to me. The Spotify app on my Chromecast Google TV has zoomed in and now I can only see the top right corner of Spotify in a huge scale. 

Alex

Hi folks,

Thanks for the post.

Can you let us know roughly when this started happening and what troubleshooting you've tried so far?

Cheers.

darksqueal

This problem happened since a few days ago. I reinstalled, did a factory reset and the problem still persists.

Novy
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

Could you also make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• The model of the device in which you're experiencing the issue
  • The exact OS version and exact version of Spotify
  • Screen resolution (Settings > Display and Sound > Resolution)
  • WebView version (Settings > Apps > All Apps > Show Systems Apps > Android System WebView)

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

jonbarry93

It started 4 days ago for me.

Model~

Chromecast with Google TV

The Spotify version is~

OS version~

The Android TV OS version is: 12

The Android TV OS security patch level is: July 1, 2022

The Kernel version is: 4.9.269 #1 Fri July 8 08:51:36 UTC 2022

The Android TV OS build is: STTE. 220621.019.A2.9082754

Screen resolution~

1080p 60Hz (however, the problem still persists even if I try different screen resolutions)

WebView Version~

jonbarry93

Where should we provide that info? Here in comments or in a private message? 

jonbarry93

For me the problem started 4 days ago

MartinMiller

Hello everybody, 

I was facing the issue described here. What helped for the time being was downgrading my version of 'android system web view'. I was enrolled in the beta program, so I also needed to unenroll from that too and install the latest stable version.

Step by step:

1. On your phone (app) or computer (web browser) go to google playstore.

2. Search for 'android system web view'.

3. Check if you are in the beta testing program. If you are, leave the beta testing program. 

4. On your android TV: go to system settings > apps > show all apps > show system apps > system web view 

5. Uninstall system web view, so the factory version is installed. 

6. Go to playstore and upgrade web view (current stable version: 108.0.5359.128)

Hope this helps others

Source of workaround