[Android] Track data/artwork is not updated on lockscreen

Thread: 668096

Description:

Sometimes when manually skipping a track or the next track starts the album art/track details do not get updated on the KitKat Lockscreen. Instead the previously playing track information is displayed.

To reproduce:

• Play a playlist/Album and lock the device. Turn screen on but leave the lockscreen displayed and try skipping to the next track in the queue. This is a sporadic bug and does not seem to have any related causes/triggers.

Workarounds:

• Unlock the screen, this refreshes the data for the track so that when it is locked again the details will show correctly.

Additional information:

• Although Bluetooth A2DP is not officially supported, the same behaviour can be experienced with track metadata not correctly updating on a bluetooth stereo.

If you are having this issue, can you please post (where possible):

1. Make and Model you are running the app on
  2. Android version and is it stock or a custom ROM (if you are unsure, then it's probably stock)
  3. Your current Spotify version (Settings > About > Version)

Thanks!

Updates:

This was fixed in version 0.7.8

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

0 Likes
Comments
AgentDuo
Casual Listener

I am also having this exact issue. Running on a rooted stock rom Nexus 5. Spotify version 0.7.5.698, only seems to be a within the last few versions that this has been an issue.

Bendjx
Casual Listener
I have the same on stock nexus 5 android 4.4.2 running spotify 0.7.5.698 it only occurs when I pass at least two tracks very fast if I wait at least one second before changing track again it displays normallly.
Matze
Roadie

I'm having the same issue: also Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.2, Spotify 0.7.5.698

Zilch
Regular

Exact same issue on Nexus 5/Kitkat. This is really annoying on the car stereo (A2DP) as the first track name stays stuck there for the entire journey.  Please fix.

This (of course) works perfectly with the Google Play music player using A2DP with the same car stereo.

ollvid
Gig Goer

I also have this issue.

Phone: Google (LG) Nexus 4.

Android version: Stock 4.4 Kitkat.

Spotify version: 0.7.5.698

AgentDuo
Casual Listener

Still an issue in version0.7.6.343 on stock rooted KitKat Nexus 5.

jamesnorman93
Casual Listener

Only in the past few version(s), has this happened.

Nexus 5

Android: 4.4.2

Spotify: 0.7.6.343 (Latest available at time of post)

leony01
Casual Listener

When on the locked screen of nexus 5, song titles and artists on downloaded playlists will not update when you hit next button. So the next song is playing and the information presented is incorrect on the lock screen. I have downloaded the application multiple times and even reset the phone.

Device: Google Nexus 5

Android Version: 4.4.2 stock. Baseband version M897A-1.0.25.0.23 

Spotify Version: 0.7.6.344

Romaing

Album art gets updated just fine, but track details don't. Happens constantly, whether I skip the track or let it play.

To fix it I don't need to unlock the screen, just switch it on & off, this refreshes the track details.

Phone: Nexus 5

Android version: 4.4.2

Spotify version: 0.7.6.357

LoossSS

I also have this issue.

Stock Android 4.4.2 (no root) on Nexus 5

Spotify 0.7.6.357