Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Unable to play music, all playlists appear empty

We've received reports from Android users that they're unable to play songs from Search. In addition, all playlists in the app appear empty. This is currently being investigated.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now since we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, it's recommended you keep the app up to date so that you're always running the latest version of Spotify.

Take care.

Comments
Jeremy

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting us here in the Community. We'd like to take a closer look into this and see why this might occur.

Can you start with letting us know which phone you have? It would also be great if you can let us know your OS?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

Mario

Hey there,

Thanks for coming to the community.

Let's help you get back to your music. Please, let us know the following:

• Brand, model, and operating system version of the devices you've experienced this with; also, does Your Library appear on Desktop or web?
  • Does the same thing happen with a different account?

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

mateusz-w

Hello, thanks for your response,

I am using Xiaomi Mi A3 (M1906F9SH) phone running Android 11.

My library and albums does indeed appear on desktop application.

I created a free account to check if this issue will still occur and sadly it does. Regardless of account I am using libraries and albums appears empty and I cannot play any music.

Thanks for your support!

AndresM

Hey @mateusz-w,

Thanks for your reply!

Just to confirm, do you have a micro SD card inserted in your phone? If so, we suggest that you remove it, restart your phone and tell us if the issue persists. 

On another note, we recommend that you check if you have any apps (clearing cache, antivirus) that optimizes your phone's performance. If so, we suggest removing Spotify from any optimization. 

Lastly, we recommend that you check your battery settings in order to make sure that Spotify is not prevented from working properly (you can configure this in your phone settings).

Keep us in the loop. 

PhilS95

Starting ~1 week ago, my Spotify app has been unusable. If I navigate to My Library, it's completely empty. If I open any playlist (even ones created by Spotify), it says the playlist is empty. I can search for songs and results show up, but tapping the song doesn't start playing music.

I have already tried doing a clean reinstall twice and the issue still remains. I am using a Samsung S21 phone. Spotify works on my account on desktop.

Thanks in advance for any help!

278094628_526725669110315_3837313432809852110_n.jpg
278782947_555947302531886_7118296053839081103_n.jpg
mateusz-w

Hey @AndresM,

I do not have any antivirus or phone optimizing software and battery settings are not restricting Spotify app. However after I removed SD card Spotify started working again! Which is kinda strange as I do not save any music or anything. But most importantly it now works even after SD card is reinserted.

Once again thanks a lot for your help!

Have reinstalled the app, have logged in again. The app opens, I can select music, but it is not played
Chris248
Alle playlist are empty
Akashdeep

When ever I try to play playlist it show " this playlist is empty. Go to home for playlist just for you" 

In every playlist 

Mario

Hey again @mateusz-w,

Thanks for the updates 🙂

Glad @AndresM's suggestion did the trick there. Let us know if there's anything else we can help with!