Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Unable to play music, all playlists appear empty

We've received reports from Android users that they're unable to play songs from Search. In addition, all playlists in the app appear empty. This is currently being investigated.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now since we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, it's recommended you keep the app up to date so that you're always running the latest version of Spotify.

Take care.

Comments
JazzTrax

I'm also using version 8.8.22.510 of Spotify @Novy 

Hi Folks,

my issue - that I meanwhile experience since 4-5 days - is pretty similar:

I am talking about the Spotify-App of my Cars (MY22 Volvo XC60) Android Automotive-based Infotainmentsystem.

Playlist are unavailable. Independent If these are of my own or not (although they are still available on other devices). 

Thus gar I have tried the following without any success :

1. Reset of my cars Infotainmentsystem

2. Cache of the Spotify-App hast been erased

3. De-install/Re-install of the Spotify-App

4. Logout/Login

Any idea/any comments/any help?

Thank you!

Best regards

SpotiBear

Novy

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience. 

The internal teams are still working on this issue, but we can't commit to a specific timeline for this to be fixed. We'd recommend keeping your app up to date at all times so you don't miss out on any developments. 

Cheers! 

nieyasiomki

Can't play any music or search any music. It says something went wrong and all my playlists are empty. 

I'm on android

Falbak

La moitié de mes playlists que j'écoute n'ont plus de musique depuis 15 minutes. Un bug de spotify ? Serveurs qui crashent ? Malgré la relance de l'appli rien ne change.

J'espère qu'ils n'ont pas retiré des milliers ou millions de musiques...

Lucashicken

Thank you for fixing it

When I open spotify on my android device, I can see all my playlists (and public playlists as well), but they are all empty! both private and public ones.
It works well when I login in my PC (web/app),

I read some suggestions to reinstall the app, relogin and disconnecting SD card -
1. Tried to logout and login - didn't wotk
2. Tried to reinstall the app and login back -didn't work
3. I don't have an SD card. The app is installed on the device storage.

Any other thing I can try?
OscarDC

Hey folks!

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

In order to include your cases in the current investigation, we'll need to gather as much info as possible.

Taking this into account, if you're still having the issue, would you mind including the Spotify version you're currently running?

We appreciate your cooperation.

We'll be on the lookout.

JazzTrax

Hi @OscarDC,

I am currently running version 8.8.28.409 and am still experiencing the issue on an android Samsung a20 phone. 

Screenshot_20230426-205535_Spotify.jpg

mpaternoster27

I have cancelled my premium account for this issue.

I did notice that instead of Spotify installing in the normal android>data folder, I have a tencent folder installed instead.  I cannot delete this folder, even on a PC.  Even after uninstalling, the com.spotify.music folder stays. 

Clearing caches and storage does not thing.  I do not have any sd card installed.