Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Unable to play music, all playlists appear empty

We've received reports from Android users that they're unable to play songs from Search. In addition, all playlists in the app appear empty. This is currently being investigated.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now since we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, it's recommended you keep the app up to date so that you're always running the latest version of Spotify.

Take care.

Comments
Phil5555

Having the same problem. I have a samsung A50 and tried all the steps and still nothing. Fix this please 🙏 

vickyg2

I was experiencing music unable to play, and empty playlists etc on my Android. So I tried the suggested steps: uninstalling Spotify app, ejecting my SD storage, restarting my phone, reinstalling Spotify. Now the app just says 'No internet connection available' when I try and play any music, and my playlists show as completely empty (though I can see the playlist names). I'm on a Samsung Galaxy A10 (the Play store says Spotify is supported), with over the recommended amount of memory. When I use my desktop, all my playlists are still there and the music plays fine.

*Update: Have additionally tried disabling all battery optimization settings, and allowed all permissions in the Spotify app. Then uninstalled and reinstalled app, rechecking permissions. Still isn't working. This all started after a software update. (Samsung Galaxy A10, Android version 11). I'd like a refund on my subscription for this month - I only listen to music on my phone, not my desktop - so I'm getting no use out of a service I've paid for.

sepr022

Plan

Premium

Country

Argenitna

Device

Xiaomi Mi A3

Operating System

Android 11

My Question or Issue

i have already seen many request about this problem; but all refferes to the desktop app. Is there solution for the smartphone? 

I already reinstalled app, but keeps failing!

1.jpg
2.jpg
sepr022

this is solution in desktop app

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Playlists-appear-empty-on-desktop-app/m-p/4680137/highlight/true#M75983

BigPain666

*fixed mine* Had the same problem. Shows playlist names but zero songs. And can't play anything  did everything suggested.  Still didn't work . Went and checked the apps permissions and somehow it was blocked from accessing files/storage. I flipped the permission to allowed and presto everything is back no need to uninstall or pull sim. 

vickyg2
Good suggestion but unfortunately hasn't fixed my problem. It's no longer
showing the 'internet connection unavailable' message, and I can see
playlists - but they're all empty. This includes ones available online and
suggested by Spotify.
AngelaNZ

Has there been any traction trying to solve this issue? Have tried your recommended fix but it didn't make any difference. Have Uninstalled and reinstalled about 4 times now, taken out SD card and restarted etc etc.

Phone is Samsung A10 Android version 11.

Am looking to cancel premium if I can't use the app!

Aalexiscavess

@user-removed , the solution??? 

UTOO

I have a Samsung A50. It updated 2 days ago.  I tried to play music in Spotify all day and it didn't work.  I restarted the phone.  Nothing.  So I did the fix suggested here.  Uninstalled the app, powered down the phone,  removed the SD card, reinstalled the SD card, powered up the phone, and installed the app. Now my Playlists are listed but there's no music in them.  When I try to click a podcast I get the message that I'm not connected to the internet.  Except I am connected to the internet and all of my other apps work just fine.  It's just Spotify that has the issue. I'm not sure what my next steps should be? 

Alexjaslee

Oppo F11, Android 11, Color OS 11.1 

Spotify version : 8.7.44.968

The troubleshooting done so far :

1. Uninstall, reinstall, clean uninstall

2. Remove your SD card from phone, then restart the device.

3. Change to mobile data and wifi 

4. Resetting password

5. Sign out from all devices

IMG-20220701-WA0000.jpg

Problem :

After I tried to clear Spotify data, suddenly Spotify just stuck on logo.

About 6 months ago, I have tried to clear data and I can sign in smoothly. 

When I tried to screenshot, it says that I can't capture it because it contains personal information.

Additional info :

- I can still use spotify from website

- Still 23 GB storage available

It's still stuck and I can't login because it only shows the logo without letting me sign in