Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] Unable to play music, all playlists appear empty

We've received reports from Android users that they're unable to play songs from Search. In addition, all playlists in the app appear empty. This is currently being investigated.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now since we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, it's recommended you keep the app up to date so that you're always running the latest version of Spotify.

Take care.

Comments
mvelandia

Hi, I just wanted to give an update.

My phone stopped doing some pretty basic things after I posted.  For example, I could not take pictures.   The camera would snap the shot, briefly show it, but I could not find it in the gallery.

At this point I was pretty desperate due to an upcoming international trip, so I did a factory reset and as part of the process updated my phone OS from the manufacturer (Motorolla)

I reinstalled the critical apps (including Spotify).    At that point, I noticed a notification stating that the 128GB SD card in my phone was not supported (it had been before the factory reset).    

So, it has been about a month, and I've been using the phone and Spotify without any issues,  though I'm a bit concerned about filling up the internal storage.

So, in conclusion,  if you're having issues with empty playlists or Spotify not working, then there may be something wrong with your phone storage.

Novy

Hi all, 

Thanks for sending over this information and for your patience.

Looks like there's a more recent app version for Android devices. Could you try updating it to see if there's any improvement? 

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EzioADF

It still doesn't work

Screenshot_2023-03-15-19-57-48-726.jpg

Screenshot_2023-03-15-19-57-51-851.jpg

JazzTrax

Hello,

I updated my app and there still is no option to change the storage for downloaded songs. 

SadieGeez

No change here, either. Updated and restarted, option to use SD card storage still not there.

Samsung Galaxy A10e running Android 11.

I'm a premium subscriber
Been struggling since Monday with issues all of a sudden.
When I open a playlist I get the message "Something went wrong try again". All my playlists are empty.

I have reloaded the app, checked it's up to date, switched the WiFi on and off, switched the phone on and off logged in and out etc

Advice from support was delete storage and login again.
This works BUT I LITERALLY HAVE TO DO THIS EACH TIME I want to use Spotify or I get the exact same error again.

Any advice please?
I can't go through this each time I want to use Spotify.
arjay290

I could not save my offline songs to my SD card. my phone is Samsung a20. after the last firmware update my playlist became empty and I followed the above instructions, but I could not save the songs to my SD card which i need since my internal storage is very limited.

Novy

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the reports. 

Make sure to send over the exact Spotify version you're currently running, if you haven't already. This is some vital info that we're passing to the relevant teams for further investigation. 

Cheers!

Novy

Hello again folks, 

Thanks for your patience while we're looking into this. 

In order to continue investigating this issue, we'd like to ask if you could open up a Spotify created playlist (such as this one, or any other Spotify playlist) and record a video where we can see exactly what happens when you do so? You can attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor or send a link to it with the relevant permissions. 

Also, if anyone's experiencing the issue on a mobile device that's not a Samsung, could you let us know if you're able to download content at all? This would be of great help. 

In addition to the above, another version of the app has been released. Make sure to uninstall the current version you have and upgrade to the most recent one if available. 

And lastly, if you've not provided the info requested in the Status Update and you're experiencing this issue, please do so and we'll forward your report to the teams in charge. 

Thanks again!

JazzTrax

Hi @Novy 

I have no way of recording what happens when I open a playlist - sorry - but as of right now everything is fine because I'm using internal storage and am unable to switch to SD storage. A long time ago when the issue first occurred, I took a screenshot of what happened when I was using SD storage and clicked on a playlist.

Screenshot_20220719-155021_Spotify.jpg

 Right now I have no option to switch storage to SD, so there is no way to show you a video of the issue that occurs when I switch to SD. I'd like to have that option back to have my downloaded songs on my SD card and for it to work properly. 

I was talking to some friends and they said that newer Samsung phones apparently don't have SD card slots, they only have internal storage. So maybe the Spotify app isn't recognizing SD cards as storage anymore because my phone is old and still has an SD card. Just thought I'd pass on the information to see if it helps. 

Keep us updated, thanks