- Brief description of the issue:
Spotify drains battery by keeping wakelocks active and running processes in "iuv" service. (Had same problem while using Facebook's Redex in combination with minify enabled; could be something entirely different tho.)
- Steps to reproduce the issue:
- Install app
- Download songs
- Play song
- Close app by swiping
- iuv eventually kicks in
- What steps you’ve tried already:
- Your device and operating system (e.g. Samsung Galaxy 4, 5.1.1)
- Nexus 6P (all rooted)
- M 6.0.1
- N 7.0
- N 7.1.1 beta (1 & 2)
- N 7.1.1 custom rom with no GPlay Services
- Type of Spotify account you have (Free/ Premium):
- The app version of Spotify you’re using:
- Temporary solution
Force quit the app. Greenify does not help. Servicely (Francisco Franco's) does help partially.
- illustration of number of wakelocks that iuv kept
Thanks for all the info, @diareuse!
This should be fixed by now. If you're still having the same issue, let us know and we'll re-open the thread.
Enjoy your music.