Announcements

[Android] "Downloading" playlist is stuck on 0%

Thread: 116950

Description:

This thread is for this particular issue:

In a playlist, in Spotify on Android, you press the green “Download playlist” button and it stays stuck on “Downloading 0%”

Additional information:

1. If your device doesn’t show up under Devices in the desktop client, that is a different issue. Please make sure you try resolving the issue using our connection troubleshooting tips
  2. If your playlist did sync before, but then disappeared, please go here
  3. Have a look at the updated Troubleshooting Spotify on Android topic
  4. When replying here, make sure you provide ALL the details we ask for. A simple “I have this problem too” doesn’t give us any info we can use to try and find a common cause
  5. When replying here, please also state how much space you have left both on your device AND on your SD card (Only if your phone supports an external SD card, of course)
  6. If you have rooted and/or installed a custom rom we can’t troubleshoot properly. Please reset your phone to factory settings and try again

2013-01-15:

I'm not yet convinced that this issue is resolved, but responses have died down quite a bit of late.

I am told by the developers that this is mostl a tempoar issue for users; that after a while the issue resolves itself on individual devices.

I also want to note that some responses in this thread indicate that two issues are being mixed up. The particular issue being discussed here is that playlists will not start downloading for offline use on your Android device.

To the point: Is anyone here having problems downloading playlists on their Android device and if so, has this been going on for longer than a month?

--

When posting in this forum please make sure you have read these guidelines.

Comments
TyrelUK
Starting a new thread is not going to solve the issue. several people have given you the info your asking for and as far as anyone can tell you have done nothing with it. I'm glad I only wasted 2 weeks of subs before going else where, it seems like others are losing more than that. maybe you should consider refunding some people's subscription? wouldn't solve the issue but might make people a bit happier about waiting for a solution than opening yet another thread

Hi!

Can you first explain for me one thing before we start to fill in all those questions you have on you form!!

How can it be that it suddenly start to be all those problem on all our users phone's, whis spread ower the world, and just after you update your program?

You see for me who only is a system engineer, and work with computers all days, have never meet a problem that start all over the world at same time, and the problem is becouse of the users technical system and. But I always meet the same attitude and question from the programs support.. That the fault laying on our behalf.

With Regards.

Med Vänliga Hälsningar.

Michael

rhymus

rhymus

Spotify support,

I want to add an update and you should probably change the title to reflect the problem I described and that I saw basically described in at least 3 other different posts.

So what I learned is that I was able to download on my mobile phone when I was on my home wifi network than I previously mentioned. I was also able to play the playlist offline. 

However,  I left home and came back hours later the previously downloaded playlists were greyed out. The cache I mentioned above was still at 400 mb.

Hope this helps you solve the problem. I'm going to try to uninstall and re-install and see if that works.

Goodman

The main issue is that we haven't been able to reproduce this issue here. It's not simply a bug with the latest build; or if it is, it's only affecting some users, some phones, some models and/or some specific configurations.

I'm trying to gather information that will let us pinpoint any common factors, apart from "this is happening on Android."

Hi again!

But I'm thinking of this problem..

I have use "Spotify for android" since the first day it was released, and I have never got any problem like this before..

Everything DID start with your last update.

Where can I get an old version, so I can go back to it, untill you solve this.. No meaning to have a PREMIUM subscribsion when i cant use Spotify as it is meant. To be able to download your playlist on your Wifi, so you can listen when your not home. And I'm working in a mine upp in the north of Sweden and have no possibility to use datatrafik on my phone there.

Wonder if we should start a sue with Spotify untill they give us some refound or free month's?

rhymus
Fair enough, perbonomi.

I UN installed and re installed and it all seems to work fine.

I wonder if it had to do with the ics update I did. Things worked fine before then but not after.
ernyst

I get this problem. I'm a Premium user based in New Zealand and have been a member since it launched here.

My device:

Samsung Galaxy S3 connected to WIFI (not rooted).

10GB memory free, 1Gb used

Process:

• Downloaded and installed application from the Play store
  • Open application
  • Use Facebook login to login
  • Account loads successfully and I can see all of my playlists and details
  • I click on a playlist and select "download" and it sits on 0% never to move

I have tried the following:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling the app as per the Android troubleshooting guide
  • Logging in with the device login/password as opposed to the Facebook login
  • Changed download quality from 'Normal' to 'High' and 'Extreme'.
  • Tried syncing via the Spotify app on MAC OSX 10.7.2 (same problem "downloading 0%")

Other information of note:

When I try to go into 'offline mode' I get this message despite having an active membership:

"Your license to listen offline has now expired, please go online to renew it"

I have tried the following:

• Logging off then logging on
  • Uninstalling/reinstalling etc

If you need any more details from me let me know.

AllTheBurgers

Noticed this started happening after my automatic update from Google Play recently.

I had one playlist which I had downloaded on the previous version, but new playlists are stuck at 0%.

Assumed that it was a connection issue, went through the motions of rebooting all network equipment and switching to 3g only, no avail. Tried uninstall/reinstall, no fix. Hit the forums, found this thread.

Insanely detailed logs and packet captures of traffic over the wifi are available on request.

Description

When I try to download a playlist on my Android device it stays stuck on "Downloading 0%", the playlist doesn't sync.

What are the steps you took to get to the error/issue?

Open Spotify on Android

Select a random playlist that hasn't been synced

Click the green "Download playlist" button

The progress stays stuck on "Downloading 0%"

Complete uninstall/reinstall as per steps 1-13 of "Troubleshooting Spotify on Android

Issue still remains.

Attempt to switch download and streaming quality among normal/high/extreme with no change.

Create a new playlist on the device, attempt to download. Hangs at 0%.

Switch between 3g and wifi, behavior is the same on each.

Followed instructions in Connection Issues, no change.

Toggle 'Download over 2g/3g' switch, no change.

Removed SD card, rely on internal storage. Perform another wipe/uninstall/reinstall. No change.

What I expected to happen

When I press the green download button I expect the playlist to start downloading and reach 100%.

Did you restart your device when troubleshooting in section B?

Yes

Did you read the connection troubleshooting tips?

Yes

Your device

Motorola Droid3

Device’s Operating System

2.3.4 Gingerbread

What type of account do you have?

Premium

Space left on your device

10.96gb

Space left on your SD card (if applicable)

14.44gb

Is your device rooted?

Yes

Are you using a custom ROM, if so which one, exactly?

Maverick v4.5

Did you set your external SD card as storage location?

Yes

Did you manually install an older version before installing the latest version from the Play Store?

No

Do you have the same issue when switching between WiFi/Mobile Data (If applicable)?

Yes

If you said "No", when does the issue not occur?

---

My mobile Spotify version

0.5.3.56 (0.8.3.655...)

My desktop Spotify version (if applicable)

My mobile provider and country

Verizon, US

My username

Do you have a Spotify (non-Facebook) login?

No

Are you logging in with Facebook or with your Spotify login details?

Facebook login

Do you have any screenshots you can attach to more clearly explain your issue?

--

iced327

Having the issue here.

Mobile device: Samsung Galaxy3 with Android 4.0.4, Spotify v. 0.5.3.56

Computer: Windows 7, Spotify v.0.8.4.124.ga3559d86

Playlists are showing up on mobile app, device is showing up on desktop client.  Download stuck at 0% on mobile device, "pending" on desktop client.  Ran through the entire troubleshoot procedure multiple times, deleted all spotify folders from internal and external card (there weren't any on there anyway, but I checked.  Have tried turning off/on wifi/phone/computer/everything.  Tried cycling offline music quality.  Nothing.  Right now Android's application manager says the Spotify app is 6.46 MB with 17.74 MB on my SD card, but nothing is downloaded yet.

I'm premium - I have music downloaded to an ipod and my laptop, and i have a desktop computer with no downloaded music.  I also just got rid of an old phone with downloaded music.  Is it possible I exceeded my devices?  Or are the 3 mobile devices separate from desktop client?  My Spotify username is iced327.

Any help would be superb.. Thanks.