Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Android] "Spotify is trying to play" notification

Plan

Premium

Country
USA

Device

Moto Z3 Play

Operating System

Android 9

My Question or Issue

Yesterday I noticed that my phone was showing two notifications when I played spotify. The first was the normal notification that spotify was playing with information about the song. The second was a notification that I couldn't swipe away that said "Spotify is trying to play...". It persisted the entire time I was playing music on my phone and disappeared when I closed spotify. What's going on? How can I get rid of the notification?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone!

Make sure to perform a clean reinstall and that you're running the latest version of the app.

Thanks!

Comments
MrDinoX

Plan

Premium

Country

Philippines

Device

Samsung s10+

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Getting the "Spotify is trying to play" notification everytime I start playing any song. Already tried deleting data, uninstalled and reinstalled app, still getting the same "Spotify is trying to play" notification. How can I remove this? Attached screenshot

Screenshot_20191231-064959_Chrome.jpg
heisengainz90

@FilipSzy  did you even read my last post? 

FilipSzy

@heisengainz90 I did, thanks. I was mainly replying to Spotify's status update asking for more information on the issue and not to you directly. It's obviously a bug, I want to help them figure out what the cause is instead of masking the problem away.

Thedy
Same here. Huawei P30 Pro, Android 10. Spotify 8.5.36.747
krodiak
Same here, Samsung S9+ running Android 9 One UI
mcmice

Same here with note 9 , android 9

Zander

Same phone same issue, for about a week now.

CommanderMobbs
Same problem here, Sony Xperia XZ2
Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click + VOTE.

Could you make sure to provide us with the following info, if you haven’t already:

• device + OS version
  • exact Spotify version
  • a screenshot of the error
  • troubleshooting steps you've tried so far
  • any other relevant info?

Thanks! We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

SeVeMaS
  • Same here (France) even after closing the app. Sony Xperia XZ1 dual Android 9
  • Screenshot_20200102-123250.png