Plan

Premium

Country

US

Galaxy S9+

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

My music just randomly stops playing. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. The issue has been going on for a couple weeks now. Others on my family plan also have the same issue. 

Hey folks, 

Thanks for the reports! 

Looking into this, it seems like everyone is having a slightly different experience. The root cause of these playback issues seem to be related to specific set ups, which is difficult to solve as a group. 

It looks like a clean reinstall has solved this for most. If you haven't tried this yet, we'd recommend following the steps here

If you're still having the same trouble, we'd recommend creating a new thread. Someone will jump in to help shortly after.

Thanks!

Comments
SergioDavid

Hey @Jonusmc09, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this. Do you get an error message when this happens? If so, a screenshot would be helpful.

For now, try logging out and back in a few times to see if it helps.

Let us know how it goes 🙂

AeroZ

Which version of Android are you (and your family members) using?

llojs

Same problem! Also after pausing/stopping, my Spotify notification bar disappears, and if I open the app after that, it won't update the currently playing song's name in the app.

Android 8.1

Oneplus 5

Spotify premium

hawtbig

Same problem here. No error showing, just Spotify randomly stopping music. Sometimes it freezes the phone and I have to wait like 10 secs before being able to light my screen up.

Android 7.1.2

Xiaomi Redmi 5+

Jonusmc09
Jonusmc09
This is exactly what's happening to mine. So frustrating.
Jonusmc09
-##No error message or anything. The music stops playing. Also someone
else mentioned in the other comments that the screen does not update to the
current song playing. Kinda frustrating.
Scalpos

Same here Android 8.0 running on Huawei Mate 10 Pro: music randomly stopping since yesterday evening while application's last update is dated 11th of July...

Gazrawly

Exactly the same as mine. Samsung S7 Edge. Noticed this after Samsung update a week or two ago. Driving me insane!

n8tier

I think I have the same issue. Music just stops while playing. However, the whole app seems to stop as it also disapears from the notification bar. No error message is shown. When I restart the app, I can continue exactly at the position where the music had stopped before.

I mainly use it with downloaded music/playlists.

LG G6, 8.0.0, Premium

Another odd behavior, which might be related, is that spotify sometime starts playing music when I unlock the phone, or after stopping an alarm - in general: at unexpected times.