Country

The Netherlands

Device

(OnePlus 6 / Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge)

Operating System

(Android Pie / Android Nougat)

My Question or Issue

Hello my friends,

I have been having issues with the Spotify app on my Android devices since the last update (currently two hours ago). It crashes every time you open the app after 15 to 30 seconds. Since I'm experiencing this issue on two devices, I think I'm not the only one with this issue. Can you please fix it?

Update: It has been fixed! I'm not having issues on the 8.4.77 update. Thanks Spotify!

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

Spotify version 8.4.77 has been rolled out and this should have resolved this issue. Try to do a quick reinstallation to be on the safe side, instructions on how to do this can be found here.

Have a nice day!

Comments
Belladonna23

Yes, exactly the same problem on my Samsung Galaxy S8 since yesterday. 

Phone rebooted, cache cleared, app uninstalled and reinstalled - no improvement. Crashing occurs whether streaming, playing from download or just scrolling without playback. 

bona44

Yes.  used to have black background, now white.  Tried to reinstall again this am and it's still broken.

IronSorrows

Same problem. Uninstall & reinstall did not work. No update in store available. Unusable 

surbijon

Been getting various levels of support via DMs on twitter but going nowhere. Currently using a free trial of Google's Music to cover until Spotify returns.

marianb33

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

Huawei P10

Operating System

Android 8.0

Same here! It chashes every time you open the app after 15-30 seconds. I've tried everything, but the problem is the same

ravenmanco

Yesterday nigth finally and update was released, I did installed that update and the problem get solved, is weird that the release version says it was released on october 12th but that's not true it was released yesterday nigth to cover this issue.

Screenshot_upgrade_october17th.png
ravenmanco

Yesterday nigth finally and update was released, I did installed that update and the problem get solved, is weird that the release version says it was released on october 12th but that's not true it was released yesterday nigth to cover this issue.

jonathang

I have a family account in premium - and yes I am angry too - I have an S8+ same thing it crashes when I am like 15 seconds into a song and reboots. I tried the wifi off and on but that doesn't work always.

This morning I signed into one of my family accounts - played from a copy of my lists - and it worked, no crashes.

Found a way to copy my playlists into the other account in a way that I can edit them.

But SPOTIFY this has taken my time to fix this issue - your support is **bleep**. Do I get anything for fixing your bad work?

DJ_Noah

Hey, thanks for responding!

I can't update Spotify in the Play Store and it still crashes, so that's a bummer...

Hope I'll find a solution soon!

Gurtgeezer

Samsung S6, Android 7.0, latest Spotify update, UK. STILL crashing despite the upbeat noises made by Spotify.  Getting soooo very annoying. I pay good money for this?