Country

The Netherlands

Device

(OnePlus 6 / Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge)

Operating System

(Android Pie / Android Nougat)

My Question or Issue

Hello my friends,

I have been having issues with the Spotify app on my Android devices since the last update (currently two hours ago). It crashes every time you open the app after 15 to 30 seconds. Since I'm experiencing this issue on two devices, I think I'm not the only one with this issue. Can you please fix it?

Update: It has been fixed! I'm not having issues on the 8.4.77 update. Thanks Spotify!

Thanks in advance!

Hey all,

Spotify version 8.4.77 has been rolled out and this should have resolved this issue. Try to do a quick reinstallation to be on the safe side, instructions on how to do this can be found here.

Have a nice day!

Comments
Dan141

Thankyou, now usable again on Samsung A5, with 8.4.77.779 update.

JamesPrestonUK

8.4.77.779 is working for me. I've been playing on shuffle for over 3 hours now without a crash. Scrolling through my song list works again now. Thanks Spotify!

Samsung S8

Manu_711
Hi,
The 8.4.77.779 works fine for me to.
Samsung S8
gcosta87

Great bugfix!. This last days work fine with the last update
My phone have:
Motorola G4 Plus.
Android 7
Spotify 8.4.77.779

naigewron

Still not working for me after the latest update. It doesn't crash, but it takes several minutes to load any screen. If I actually manage to start playing a track, it will pause every few seconds (almost like it's buffering). It's also impossible to stop playback. If I start playing sound from another source (like Audible, Podbean, Youtube, etc), it will just keep playing in the background and I have to restart my phone. Killing the app does nothing.

I've cleared cache, uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, etc. Nothing helps.

Katerina

Hey there @naigewron,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Can you try the following steps and let us know if the issue persists?

1. Head here and click Remove all devices
  2. Go to your Spotify settings, scroll down to Storage and then clear the cache
  3. From the Android home screen, tap Settings > Apps
  4. Find Spotify in your list of apps, tap it and clear the cache and data. Then select Uninstall.
  5. Switch your device off and wait a couple minutes
  6. Switch your device back on
  7. Open the Google Play Store then search for and install the Spotify Music app

If not, please let us know your device and OS version, as well as the version of Spotify you end up with.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply 🙂

kreimann1
Hmmm...you've got other issues. Better get on an Android forum. Clean up
storage, optimize apps, etc.
Guido
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey all,

Spotify version 8.4.77 has been rolled out and this should have resolved this issue. Try to do a quick reinstallation to be on the safe side, instructions on how to do this can be found here.

Have a nice day!

davevdrh

Hi All, I have the same issues but for me it is not fixed after the update + reinstall.
Often when I skip a song in my car (bluetooth) Spotify will crash a few seconds after, but it also crashes randomly during play.

Plan

Premium

Country

The Netherlands

Device

Samsung Galaxy A8

Operating System

(Android 8.0.0)

Spotify App version

Eskapone

I’m using a amazon Fire 7 (7th Generation) and its only purpose in life is to play spotify in my home office which I usually leave streaming 24/7, the fire 7 does automatic updates to its operating systems which I have no control of but since the “Fire 7” latest November update (fire os 5.3.6.4) my Spotify (version 8.4.79.630)  keeps on crashing or stops playing at different intervals e.g. 10mins 45min 2hours it’s very random, I’ve spoke to a few friends who use the device like I do, have all said they are having the same issue, so it’s not isolated.

So my question is has anyone found a solution to this issue or is there an update available or on its way to address this issue? I’m on a premium plan so I shouldn’t be having crashes or my music not playing, I thought that died when I stoped using CDs