Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

App crashes when trying to play content on Vivo devices

Folks are reporting that the Spotify app is crashing when playback is attempted on a Vivo android mobile device.

Hey folks!

We are glad we're seeing no new reports about this and will be closing the thread 🙂
In case the issue resurfaces or you have any other questions, you may reach out to us anytime!
Thanks!

Comments
3OfSpade

I have the same issue cant play any music starting yesterday. Im using vivo v20.

3OfSpade
This worked. Thank you for this.
kai1717

Plan

Premium

Country

Canada

Device

Vivo x70 pro

Operating System

Funtouch OS/ Android 12

My Question or Issue

The app crashes immediately whenever I play music. Other functions are working though like creating browsing playlists, searching for music, downloading music etc. I have tried to clear cache, reboot my phone, log out and log back in, and reinstall the app but nothing helps. My spotify version is 8.7.34.1312

Swapnadeep

if you are in Android 12, just remove that widget from your Main Home screen, as well as side screens that's it, it's worked for me and I think same will be goes for you 😉

that widget also creates this type of bugs for muviz Edge app....

aryamishmish

Does anybody have a fix for Android 11, because I never had nano music player on my home screen and all other music apps work fine. Even Spotify lite is working perfectly alright.

robsupak

Hey, had exact the same problem with my Vivo V23 (same OS, same Spotify version), finally helped me just remove NANO player widget from home screen, and reboot device. Now Spotify works just fine again. 🙂 

Dasgot

I also got this problem today. Device - Vivo v21e. 

Kiril
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

We’ve passed your info on to the relevant team, who are currently looking into it.

If you’re experiencing this issue, make sure to click +VOTE and Subscribe to the thread to be notified of any developments.

We’ll keep you posted and let you know as soon as we have any updates on this.

Thanks!

Nvm03

Spotify app crashes on iqoo z3 5g

after the update

i updatedy spotify on may 24

and the app crashes when i try to play songs

please fix the problem

RubyRosaupan

Got this problem with my ViVo X70