App crashing when typing comma into search

Plan

Free/Premium

Device

(Alcatel)

Operating System

(Android Oreo)

My Question or Issue

When you put a comma (,) into the artist search on Your library/Artist section, the app stop.

Hey all!

We've been receiving reports from users that the app crashes when a comma is typed into search.

If you are experiencing this and a reinstallation does not helps, please let us know the following:

• OS version
  • Spotify version

Don't forget to hit +vote and we'll keep you up to date in this Ongoing Issue.

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day.

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 7
Rock Star 7

Hey @luiyivp,

Thanks for reaching out. Welcome to the community!

First up, could you try restarting your device? I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. If that didn't do the trick, please try performing a quick clean reinstallation of the app by following these steps.

By the way, thanks for providing a video of the issue. It will certainly help with the troubleshooting process!

Let me know how it goes — I'll be here in case you need any further help :)

luiyivp
Casual Listener

Hi Noah,

I'm just trying to report this bug. The issue is not only on my phone. I've tested on other Android devices and the result is the same.

It seems that is a error on the app's code and should be report to the developers.

I just try to help.

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey all!

We've been receiving reports from users that the app crashes when a comma is typed into search.

If you are experiencing this and a reinstallation does not helps, please let us know the following:

• OS version
  • Spotify version

Don't forget to hit +vote and we'll keep you up to date in this Ongoing Issue.

Let us know if you have further questions. Have a nice day.