[Apple Carplay] playlists within level 2. folders appear empty

On Apple Carplay (most up do date version) there appears to be a bug. Playlists appear empty, if they are located in a playlist folder, within another playlist folder. 

Hey there folks, 

We really appreciate your reports on this.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

Thanks!

Comments
Falkenried
Regular

I`m sharing this problem as well. Installed is Carplay for BMW, latest release, however the content within folders is not appearing, different from my iPhone 8 plus.

I can choose a playlist within a folder from my iphone and it is played on Carplay, but not visible. Seems to be a bug. Any help available?

JDKus

I experience exactly the same as the topic starter and Falkenried described.

I use Carplay in a Volvo.

Help (preferably a bug fix ;-) would be highly appreciated.

lukes123
Casual Listener

+1

Please resolve this Spotify - not impressed as this is my first experience of CarPlay, given it took me literally 2 uses to find this bug and is totally reproducible.

SodaCow

I am also very annoyed with this bug. Difficult to keep playlists organized and still use them all.

trondulseth

Same problem here. Bought the Alpine with wireless CarPlay. Kinda defeats the purpose if I have to fish out the phone to start playing my nested playlists (that’s how my music is organized). 

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We really appreciate all your reports about this.

We've passed this on to the right folks and they'll be looking into it.

Meanwhile, if this occurs for you even after a quick reinstall of the app on your device, make sure to +VOTE. This way, you can stay up to speed with any updates we have for you.

It'd be also helpful if you could leave a comment with the following details:

• Your device and its OS version
  • The version of the Spotify app

We'll pass this on to our tech teams, thanks!

Status changed to: Not Right Now

Hey there folks, 

We really appreciate your reports on this.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify app up to date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

Thanks!

ievell

This issue still exists in my new car with carplay and most recent updates.

Any solution planned for this?

lukes123
Casual Listener
They’ve closed it off, saying that it’s not necessary or not on their agenda. Absolute joke, we pay for this service and they can’t be bothered to fix an issue that ultimately affects safety whilst driving.
SodaCow

This really shouldn’t be a difficult bug to fix. It’s super easy to reproduce and unless you’re using some wacky static data structure there should just be some code somewhere that’s wrongly assuming some maximum depth. 

This is should be prioritized as it is a safety issue for this to not be functional.