Premium

Country Brazil

Device

Apple TV 4K 32GB

Operating System

TvOS 14 Beta 2

Spotify 1.10.32

Hello spotify people. 

I´m beta testing TvOS 14 betas 1 and 2 for another aplications and realized that on spotify, when i try to select multiple audio outputs with airplay, the sound only comes out on one destination. 

I have the apple tv pluged directly on my tv, and multiple airplay targets, speakers, airport express and other apple tv, selecting more than one target, only one, the last selected plays audio.

I have tryed  the same configuration with another apps like, youtube, twitch, movies and apple music and everything works fine. On TvOS 13 everything worked just fine also. 

I know is everything beta, but i wanted to report so you guys can make your magic, and everything will be ok for the release on september

Thanks in advance

PS. If you need a beta tester! 🙂

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant Help board here.

Thanks!

Top Answer
Spencer269

Hello everyone! I too had this problem and fixed it.

When you are on the airplay selection area on the Apple TV (hold down the tv icon on remote & a small menu opens up, scroll down to the airplay icon), change between tv speakers and the HomePod and eventually it starts to play. 
For me I first had the pod selected and no sound coming then I also selected tv speakers and it automatically switched to the pod and started playing. Might not work for everyone, but okay around with it and it might just work for you!

Comments
SondreM

Hi! 

I am also experiencing the same issue. Can’t play audio to both HDMI output and Airplay speakers at the same time. 

Apple TV gen.4 (not 4K)

TvOS 14.4

Spotify app version 1.17.7

Using Sonos One gen 1 and 2 speakers plus’s a JBL airplay speaker.

spotmik

Still not working!

tvOS 14.4

Spotify 1.17.7

I don't have access to Pandora so I can't comment that. But Tidal works, Apple Music works, Netflix works, Viaplay works. Basically any other than Spotify works.

sehendrickson

@Peter 

I am having the same issues described by other users. When airplaying Spotify to another speaker, there is no audio out of TV speakers that the Apple TV 4K is attached to. 

Spotify version 1.17.7

Apple TV 4K tvOS 14.4

Airplaying to

AirPort Express 802.11n (2nd Generation) version 7.8.1

and/or

Apple TV 4th gen tvOS 14.4

Please advise on the status. 

dumpcloud

Yea, I have to chime in and be part of the collective problem.

I'm using an iPhone 6 (12.5.1) to play Spotify (8.6.10.575) through the Apple TV 4K (14.4)---all in their latest updates---via AirPlay, and for a time, audio was projected on the Apple TV product.  But then the Music app went faulty as a result of AirPlayin' Pandora shenanigans, and I had to restart the Apple TV.  From then on, audio can no longer be received from the Spotify app on my phone.  The AppleTV can get audio from other apps like Apple Music and such, but anytime I try to switch to Spotify for some tunes, no audio remains.  Strangely, I get audio from Spotify if I set my phone to Mirroring Mode; that's my only workaround, and I don't plan to use the Mirroring Mode when I all I want is just to have the album art and song title as per custom of the Apple TV/AirPlay interface.

Oh, and clean reinstalling didn't help with the IOS app.  Also, this problem seem to affect on just my Apple TV 4k, as oddly enough I was getting audio via Airplay from a first generation Apple TV in the other room.

So, I hope you guys can update the IOS app so this bug can be adjusted.  Just as I hope you guys can also fix the 100-album limit on the browser app, but that's a separate topic.

Peter
Status changed to: Fixed

Hey folks,

Thanks for your patience while we looked into this issue.

We’re happy to say that this should now be fixed for everyone! Just make sure your app is updated to the latest version.

If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant Help board here.

Thanks!

PehrJ

@Peter  does not work!!! ☹️

sehendrickson

@Peter I updated the app and it’s still not working for me. 

JoeH76
Updated the app and it is STILL NOT WORKING! This is the second time
Spotify has informed it is fixed when it’s not fixed. Is it Spotify’s
strategy to just state they’re working on a fix (but not really) then state
several months later it’s fixed (when it’s really not) and hope affected
users will just forget or give up? 😜
PehrJ

Worst April fools joke ever!!!  

dumpcloud

All things considered, the problem just resolved itself and I was able to get Spotify to play via AirPlay on AppleTV4K.  I'm not gonna dwell on this for the time being.