Premium

Country

United States

Device

Apple TV 4th Gen

Operating System

tvOS 14.7

My Question or Issue

I do not stay logged in on the Apple TV app. Almost every time I use the app (it may stay logged in for a few hours), it asks me to log in and gives me a pairing code. 

Top Answer
Vasil

Hey folks!

Thanks for the patience with this.

The issue seems to be stemming from low space on the AppleTV that causes Apple to purge the data. Our tech folks are working on a possible fix for this.

For now, please make sure your storage has enough space.
Apple doesn't provide this info on AppleTV settings, so you can use this free application to understand how much storage you have left.

Hope this helps!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Mine is now working as well. I have done nothing and just discovered, like you, that I no longer need to log in/pair Spotify on my Apple TV. I’ve even tempted fate and terminated the Spotify app on my Apple TV. Restarted the app and I’m automatically logged in. Great!

View solution in original post

142 Replies

Hi there @sadastronaut,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Could you try logging out, reinstalling the app, and restarting your router?

Keep us posted on how that goes.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi, Unfortunately, this does not seem to help. I deleted the app, restarted my router and reinstalled. I was logged in for maybe about a week, before I was prompted to log in again. I mean, it's not the end of the world. I have Alexa to play songs on, but for the Apple TV, it's too much effort to log into every single time.

Hi @sadastronaut,

Thank you for your reply!

Could you make sure your TV is running the latest firmware and there are no pending updates? 

Also, did you notice if this started happening after a certain event such as an update? 

Keep us posted.

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

If you get logged out there too, someone else might be using your account. If that's the case, I would recommend you to: Log out. Go to the password reset page - If you are getting redirected to your account, you're still logged in

UPSers

I'm on the latest apple tv update. This has happened as long as I've used Spotify - about 1 year. 

Hey @sadastronaut,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Could you try logging out everywhere by following the steps under Log out everywhere here, then logging in again?

Let us know if there's any difference.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

I reset my Apple Tv back to default settings and now Spotify stays logged in. Thanks for all the help. 

Always need to log in. Every single time. No remedies suggested in this post fix it. Incredibly annoying.

Hey @spotofipersonne,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Sorry to hear that this is happening. Did you try resetting your TV to factory settings? You can follow this guide from Apple.

Let us know if that helps.

AlexModerator

You are just replying nonsense replies - reset your factory tv settings? Give me a break

this is no longer the case.

Alex, I appreciate your response. I do feel that resetting factory settings is a lot to ask for. Nevertheless, I did so because of some other issues the Apple TV was asking. It didn't seem to help. After checking the Spotify app a few days later it was logged out again.

I do want to stress, again, this makes the Spotify app undesirable to use. It's a pain to get my phone and enter a code almost every single time I just want to listen to music. Because of this I just always use the Echo dot. 

Hi @sadastronaut,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you send us a video where we can see this issue? Additionally, send us over the exact tvOS version you're currently running. 

Lastly, let us know if this happens with any other app (logging you out automatically).

We'll be here looking for your reply. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

this has been happening to me as well for about a year. every single time. i also have issues nearly every time i get in my car with apple carplay. i’ll be listening to something on my phone getting ready, pause and get in the car, and then it cannot be played in the car. have to force close spotify and reopen on the phone (NOT on the car touch screen) to get it to work. it’s incredibly frustrating. 

Hey @ashleedeneau,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome.

We understand where you're coming from. However, to avoid repeating processes, could you let us know the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far? This will give us a better look at the issue you're having to help you further.

Also, would you mind including the OS version and the Spotify version you're currently running on your device?

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator

Sorry what? Spotify wants a video of the problem in action????? lol

I open Spotify and it’s not logged in. Exact same issue as everyone else in this thread. 

I use Spotify once a week on my Apple TV, and every week when I launch it, it’s not logged in and needs to be paired again. 

Youtube

Netflix

Plex

Prime Video 

10Play

Twitch TV

SBS On Demand

Vimeo

ABC iView

ALL of these apps manage to stay logged in for literally the last 2 years but Spotify can’t stay logged in for a week. 

Please fix this. 

Here’s a 4 second video of the problem, as requested. 

I have a screenshot. I'm running tvos 15.4.1. I've tried uninstalling reinstalling app. Factory reset apple tv. Force resetting apple tv. 

PXL_20220424_221407242.jpg

I have this issue too, am attempting the 'sign out everywhere' thing to see if that works, but doubt it will based on the replies above.

I login to Spotify using my Facebook account (on my computer and phone, the Apple TV uses the spotify.com/pair from the computer/phone). I wonder if perhaps others experiencing this issue happen to also login to Spotify using Facebook? I can imagine that something like that could cause problems and be an uncommon configuration, hence not everyone experiencing this issue.

Premium Plan

Device: Apple TV (on latest firmware) with iPhone 12 Pro (latest firmware)

My Question or Issue: Almost every day I turn on Spotify on Apple Tv, it makes me re-pair the account which is super annoying. I've already tried deleting the Spotify app from TV and re-installing and the problem doesn't go away. Help!

Suggested posts