Apple TV app - logging in - every time!

Overjoyed to finally have Spotify on my Apple TV (HD 32GB) BUT I'm having to perform the pairing routine every time I use it. Surely this should be a one time pairing? Is this a known issue?

Hey there folks,

Thanks for reporting this!

We've reported this to the right teams so that they can look into this. If you're experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE.

We'll keep you updated here so make sure to subscribe to this thread as well - this way you can stay up to speed with any news we have :)

Related Issues

Comments
Rock Star 16
Rock Star 16

Hey @pipaluk1, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you try to reinstall the Spotify app to see if that makes any difference?

Also, try using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline Devices from your Spotify account page.

Keep me posted :)

ryankester
Having that same problem. Super happy to finally have Spotify on my Apple TV but having to pair each time is frustrating.
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey there folks,

If you're experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE.

So we can get this reported to the right teams, it'd be helpful if you could let us know the following:

• Exact version of the Spotify app on your Apple TV
  • Information about your TV, for example its OS version

We'll keep you updated here so make sure to subscribe to this thread as well - this way you can stay up to speed :)

Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey there folks,

We've reported this to the right teams so that they can look into this. If you're experiencing this, make sure to add your +VOTE.

We'll keep you updated here so make sure to subscribe to this thread as well - this way you can stay up to speed with any news we have :)

jayman
Casual Listener

Seeing this too!

Hey there @jayman,

Thanks for letting us know!

It'd be very helpful if you could let us know the following details so we can pass them on to our tech teams: 

• Exact version of the Spotify app on your Apple TV
  • Information about your TV, for example its OS version

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply :)

jayman
Casual Listener

I'm asked to Pair every time I switch apps

• Apple TV version: tvOS 13.0 (17J586)
  • Spotify version: (See attached image)

Screenshot 2019-10-09 at 10.48.46.png

Thanks for these details @jayman - we've passed them along.

Make sure to subscribe to this thread so you won't miss any updates regarding this.

Have a lovely day :)

ecdj

Having the same problem.

Am using two Apple TV HD's (32GB en 64GB) both using tvOS 13.0 (17J586) (one in living room, one in bed room). 

IMG_6315.jpg

ChilliMouse
Visitor

I'm having the same issue. I'm using an AppleTV 4K and have just updated to the new TVOS 13. Thanks.