Announcements
We’re experiencing issues with Premium subscriptions and redeeming gift Cards. This is being actively investigated. Subscribe to this thread here for updates.

Artist keeps automatically becoming blocked even after unblocking

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue

Hi all, 

For some reason an artist I like keeps becoming blocked (the "do not play this artist" feature) automatically. It happened about a week ago, I thought I must have turned this feature on by accident so turned it off and was able to play the songs again. But now every time I restart the app from my phone/just after a certain period of listening that artist gets blocked again and I have to unblock. Very frustrating and time-consuming.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, logging out and in etc.

Pretty sure this is a bug, any one else experienced similar?

Hey folks,

Thanks for your updates and for your patience while we looked into this issue. We can now confirm that this should be fixed for everyone!

Make sure your app is updated to the latest version. If you're still having trouble, make sure to post a new thread in the relevant help board here.

Thanks!

Comments
Dollso
Visitor

The problem exists in the web player in desktop mode also, but the option to unblock artist is only available in the app, but again, after restarting the app the artist is blocked again.

peterxo

Is there any update on this? This issue is so annoying 

Riegus
Visitor

SPOTIFY wth are you waiting for to fix this, huh? nobody is getting a fix by restalling or delete the cahe data, it is obviously a fail in your servers or network, we are not paying for this sh*t, get your asses back to work and fix this issue!!! it is unacceptable, i missclick "block" and i can no longer listen to this artist? OMFG
For me the problem is only with one artist, Massive Atack, and you have break my mood for several days, im just thinkin what if i missclick on one of my favourite artists...
you need to fix this right know, or the community is going to be very anger... maybe we just shall go to Apple Music...
F****ng  He*l 😡

peterxo

@Riegus couldn't have said it better 

Joel-M
Composer

Hey guys. 

Just to let you know that Spotify is really working hard on trying to fix this problem. Right now there are 20 other "under investigation" problems that people have right now. As of right now, The Spotify Develop team is fixing the problems one by one. I currently don't know when this is up next but I do know this problem will be fixed soon. Just hang in there and Spotify will let you know when it is fixed. Thanks.

Have a wonderful weekend.

peterxo

I song want to speak too soon but I think it's working now

3sari3
Visitor

Not working for me yet. 

Hudie
Visitor

The problem seems to be fixed for me.  Thank you

Ifrit1994
Casual Listener

The problem seems to be fixed also for me.  Ty