Artist not playing correctly - bad quality

Some of the David Gray songs are not playing correctly or in good sound quality - very poor actually. 

Two albums which I'd love to hear on my premium account are: White Ladder and Life in Slow Motion.

Any idea what's going on? Will this be solved?

Hey @quotientgalaxie!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

0 Likes
Comments
Julian
Status changed to: Need more info

Hi @quotientgalaxie, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Just to confirm, do you have the same problem with another album by that artist? does it happen the same if you try to play those albums from a different device?

If so, send us the URI link of the albums with the problem so we can check them from our end. In order to get it, right-click the album (click the 3 dot icon from a mobile device) > Share > Copy link or URI.

Keep us posted.

quotientgalaxie
Casual Listener

Hi JulianDavid.

I was listening on my PC. The problem accured on these two albums:

https://open.spotify.com/album/6fU3hVv8nEWWQiRO9QDj8N?si=XhQsrt41Rbe1BaxX8erEtw

https://open.spotify.com/album/0rK8K0z9sYhEhCW51v9jrp?si=_369BlWPR1SVlcF9JqGDrQ

I tried to listend on it now on my mobile phone - worked this time, good sound. Then I wanted to check on my PC if it's still awful there - now it says those tunes are not available.

Just a sidenote:

I actually own those two albums as a CD, I remember when I wanted to transfer them to my PC I had the same sound problems. 

Julian

Thanks for the quick reply!

If you have the audio files of those songs on your computer, and you had a similar issue before, it's possible that you were listening to your Local files instead of the version of the albums in the app. We checked both albums from our end, using the desktop app in a Windows computer, and the the quality seems ok.

In this case, make sure disable the location and use of those Local files from Spotify. You can find more info on how to do it here.

Also, from the desktop app, go to the artist 's profile and tray to play the album from there. Let us know if it happens again.

We'll be waiting for your response.

ZullyB
Roadie
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @quotientgalaxie!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Related Issues