Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio Quality Issue on iOS

0 Likes

In the past week or so, it seems to me like the Spotify audio quality has dropped.  I have a Premium account and have the playback setting set to Extreme.  I believe Extreme plays back in 320k, or CD quality.  

Well, it doesn't seem to matter how I play it back.  Through headphone, through Bluetooth on a speaker or in the car...the playback seems much quieter.  What I mean by that is that I have to blast the volume up much higher it seems.  I know where I've typically had to set the volume on my phone or car speaker in the past, and I feel like lately, I've had to punch it up a few dBs just to get a similar playback quality as before.  Generally speaking, the audio sounds quieter at similar dB levels I've used in the past.  So in turn, I need to up the volume fairly significantly.

I know this probably sounds pedantic, but has anyone else noticed an issue like this?

Hey @mcb1025!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂

Comments
Hubo
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey @mcb1025! Welcome to the Spotify Community.

That's odd! Have you turned on audio normalization in playback settings? Also, is the equalizer enabled on your device? Let me know! 🙂

Have a great weekend!

ZullyB
Status changed to: Closed

Hey @mcb1025!

We're closing this thread as we didn't receive an answer from you. If you're still having the same issue, just give us a shout.

All the best 🙂