Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Audio quality / Sound volume issues on Playstation 5 App

Hey folks!

We're aware of volume issues with the Spotify app on PS5 after a recent update, mainly that the volume output is too low. This is currently being investigated.

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience and input so far.

We're setting this issue to Not Right Now as we're unable to provide an exact timeline for a fix at this moment. However, rest assured this will remain on our internal teams' radar and we'll check back in here with a new status when we have any new information to share.

In the meantime, make sure to always keep the app up to date.

Take care.

Comments
JaxonAnthony

I have no sound quality problem on PS5 YouTube app. So whenever I want to listen music on my PS5. I just use youtube instead of the PS5 Spotify App. 

The problem is not caused by my output devices. I have tested both of my sound output devices, Marshall Acton 2 speaker and a Samsung soundbar, and they sound incredible on windows spotify. But whenever they play on PS5 Spotify app, the bad sound quality is really noticeable. The sound volume is low and flat, and the sound is rough too. It makes my ears uncomfortable. 

The problem is definitely caused by the App itself. 

cailae

PLEASE would you consider fixing this? It's been years, and the fact that the issue has now been carried over to the PS5 is beyond galling.

To preempt the inevitable (and frankly, at this point, rather disingenuous) requests for more information, I'm using an original "fat" PS4 from 2015 or so (I can't see a serial number anywhere to provide), running OS version 10.0 (the most recent version) and Spotify version 3.85 (also the most recent version). The only "external device" I have connected is a standard Samsung TV connected via HDMI.

The distortion is apparent both through the TV's speakers and when headphones are plugged into the controller, which eliminates the possibility of the TV being the issue.

It is most obvious, to me at least, when listening to podcasts, as all of the "s" sounds become really harshly sibilant.

If I can get the equipment together I'll try and record an example, but honestly, just listen to a few podcasts on the PlayStation app and then again on mobile for comparison - it's really not hard to spot the difference.

To me, it almost sounds like the bit-depth (as opposed to the bitrate) has been reduced, but I could be completely wrong about that.

It makes Spotify on PlayStation close to useless. Please address this.

alexjamesbutler

Hello,

I too would like to express my disappointment at the sound issues found through the Spotify App on PS5 — issues that seem claim to be looked into yet have gone years without a fix.

Like many before, I have tested all manner of speaker type, connections, and output modes to rectify the issue but it’s abundantly clear that this is an issue in the App.

I do hope you are working to fix this Spotify:  there must be millions of people all over the world who use their PlayStations as a games/movie/music hub and are using the Spotify app, and they’re receiving sub-par quality. Many thousands must be ship to other services when they realise their home theatre is giving them disappointing sound from the Spotify app… and I’ll be one of them if we can’t get a fix soon!

Thank you!

Vasil
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey folks!

If you're currently facing issues with your sound output on the PS5 app, leave a Like and subscribe to the thread to stay on top of any new updates.

We'd also like to ask you for the following details:

• the exact issue you're experiencing 
  • your Spotify app version 
  • your PS5 firmware version

• If you're using a TV's built-in speakers, we'd need the TV's brand and model

• If you're using an external amplifier, sound bar or AVR (audio/video receiver) instead, please tell us their brand & model and how the console is connected to them
    (e.g. Console -> TV, TV -> AVR with optical cable (Toslink) etc.)
  • Is surround sound being used? If yes, what configuration? (5.1 or 7.1)

• If you're using headphones, we'd need to know what their brand & model is and how they are connected to the setup
    (e.g. wired headphones plugged to the game controller etc.)
  • Is Sony’s 3D virtual audio for headphones enabled on the console and do the headphones provide Surround Sound?

We'll be on the lookout for your responses!
Many  thanks!

Carmandreas69

I have problem with soundbar samsung t420.

Hockeydude95

I reported the same audio quality issue to customer service yesterday. The sound quality is way worse then the ps4 app used to be. I logged in and out, deleted and reinstalled the app, sent the Spotify rep the apps splash screen and rebuilt the database as instructed but it's the app that is at fault. I use Spotify on playstation 90 percent of the time so the sound being this bad/quiet now is a deal breaker for me, please fix it. 

SasoriKahera

volume output is too low. Way too Low after Update on PS5. What happend? 

me4tgr1ndr

I just installed updated ps4 spotify app to ps5 version on ps5 (since we are required to for some reason?) and the volume output is considerably lower with new app than what I'm used to with old app. So much so that I have the Ps5 media volume slider in sound settings maxed out for music and my game still drowns out the music that I am trying to listen to.

• Spotify App version: 1.003.000 (Ps5 version)
  • Ps5 firmware version: 22.02-06.02.00.04-00.00.00.0.1
  • I'm using wired earbuds connected to the controller (Panasonic ErgoFit Wired Earbuds model# RP-TCM125-KA) These are tried & true model of earbuds that I have used for 10 or so years and this is a newer pair I got last year that gets plenty loud and sounds amazing with the rest of my devices... definitely not the earbuds fault.
  • Yes, Sony’s 3D virtual audio for headphones is enabled, always has been since it was introduced. The only change I've made recently was upgrading the spotify app from ps4 to ps5 version.

xartius89

I have the same issue on my PS5 after the latest Spotify app update.

I'm using Samsung 2.1 soundbar and the audio volume is too low. 

It is fine in Youtube app.

Please fix it.

YxungXenon

I think the low volume problem is audio normalizing 

Please give us an option to turn it off