Audiobooks in English

I don't understand why you don't offer other languages in non English speaking countries. I am in Germany but would like to hear audiobooks in English by English authors. It makes no sense why I have to change my billing address to an English speaking country in order to access this.

Hi @Yas9! Thanks for writing on the Community. 

Right now, our English audiobooks are only available for English-speaking countries, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to our developers.

If you have any questions, feel free to get back to us.

Take care :) 

Related Issues

Comments
JuanSebastian
Roadie
Status changed to: Not An Issue

Hi @Yas9! Thanks for writing on the Community. 

Right now, our English audiobooks are only available for English-speaking countries, but we'll make sure to pass your feedback on to our developers.

If you have any questions, feel free to get back to us.

Take care :) 

pascelia

Same here... very frustrating... I think about cancelling my subscription....

Colourmeazuree

I have the same issue. I live in Germany but don't want to listen to ANY audiobooks or podcasts in German. I understand that it might not be possible to offer audiobooks in all languages to each user,

but maybe instead of using a customer's location to guess their language skills or preferences, one could choose the prefwrred language for interface and content in the account settings. 

This would probably help out many users who are working or studying abroad 

Joshua2292

Weird title says not an issue.... Still seems to be a problem for a bunch of people. Including myself 

berauscht

+1. I'm genuily disappointed and surprised that there are no audiobooks available in english in Germany. Even though I speak german I don't want to listen to translated versions of original english content. Also I'm sure many german speaking people would like to practice and improve their english skills by listening to english audiobooks. 
Any other streaming service makes it possible to change languages (Netflix, Sky,...) back to original. 

Seriously, this shouldn't be an issue!

mssong

I totally agree! It should be possible to browse audiobooks in all languages no matter where you are in the world. People are moving frequently and still need somthing to listen to in their own language. 

Same here for Switzerland. I do not use the audiobook feature until English is available!

thojaschke

Yes, I have the same issue. Please Spotify, find a way for Spotify users living in foreign countries to find the content in the language of their choice. I am an English speaker living in Germany but I can't change the settings in order to help me find audiobooks  in English. I look forward to your solution. 
best,

P

owlvalley13

Hi,

I've got the same opinion. I don't get why you don't offer English audiobooks to non English speaking countries. Is it about legal issues?

Regards

Aridaje

Hi. And what about other languages? I am also in Germany and I would like to hear books in Italian. Is there the possibility to search by language?