Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Auto Rotate to Landscape Stopped Working

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S8

My Question or Issue

Starting this week, the app stopped auto rotating to landscape view on the current song page. On any other page, it works like normal and goes to landscape.

I have restarted my phone, reinstalled the app, and restarted again. No change.

Hey everyone, 

We really appreciate your reports on this.

We just wanted to let you know that the right folks have taken a look at this for you.

Right now, we're not able to provide an exact timeline for a fix, but we'd recommend always keeping your Spotify apps up-to- date to ensure you're on the latest and best version.

Thanks!

Comments
Suspectus
Hi Peter. Thanks for replaying back.

I have just tryed the clean install deleting the cache and the data before uninstalling, rebooted the device after and still not working.

With the iPad it works so I assume someone from Spotify for some reasons dissabled this option for mobile phone devices or is a bug from the last updates.

My walkaround could not work for all devices since some could have that menú desactivated for security reasons or even if they have it, they could miss the autorotate option from there. In that case they have no option but to hard reboot the phone.

Even with the phone unlocked, in the app and autorotate activated, if you are in the play list and select to go to the song main screen from landscape mode, the phone gets blocked until you turn it to portrait.

I guess is not hard for you guys to replicate this issue since is quite a simple everyday option all spotify users could use.

I guess the best way to solve it is to enable portrait mode back again.

Peter

Hey @Suspectus.

Thanks for letting us know.

Could you and any other users facing this issue please provide us with the following:

• device and OS version
  • Spotify version?

This will help us troubleshoot the issue further.

Thanks!

Suspectus

Sure.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S9+

Spotify version: 8.4.74.463

Robbo1169

I have tried your clean install and it doesn't work. I also tried the work around and that doesn't work.

Device: Samsung S9

Spotify version: 8.4.74.463

dbongard

Various MTK based platforms running 6.0 with clean ROMs, and several mainstream Samsungs etc. running 7.0 and 8.0

Would have to estimate that we verified it across more than 16 devices all up now.

So far it worked correctly on a single Samsung Galaxy S7...that's it so far.

All Spotify updates for a few months now have been the same.

In all cases Spotify ran correctly before the update a few months back.

Please sort this.

Peter
Status changed to: Need more info

Hey everyone,

Thanks for raising this issue on the Community.

If you are experiencing this issue, please make sure to click the +VOTE button and leave a comment with the following details, if you haven't already:

• Device(s) and OS version
  • Spotify version

Thanks!

Peter
Status changed to: Under investigation

Hey everyone,

Thanks for raising this issue on the Community and for your continued patience on the matter.

We have reported this to our tech team, who are currently looking into it.

If you are experiencing this issue, please make sure to click the +VOTE button and leave a comment with the following details, if you haven't already:

• Device(s) and OS version
  • Spotify version

Thanks!

Katerina

Hey there @Robbo1169 and @Suspectus,

We can see that there's a newer version of the app available. Just to confirm, can you all reinstall the app and let us know if the issue persists in that version? 

If it does, make sure to include the version of the app you've updated to in the comments.

Thanks!

Suspectus

Hi. I fully deleted and reinstalled the app and it does persist. The phone still crashes.

Amazon Muzic, Youtube Muzic, Deezer, Google Play, etc they all support landscape mode.

What is the reason Spotify disabled landscape mode? It makes no sense for me.

Spotify version: 8.4.75.670

Robbo1169

I have updated the app to the latest version and it still will not go into landscape mode  

Device: Samsung S9

Android version: 8.0.0

Spotify version: 8.4.75.670